lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #11
troythomassmith
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
200 for a battery.......for that much i can ship you 5 of them................cost about 30 bucks around here.......................
You're kidding....please tell me you're kidding.
troythomassmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 94 DS Flattens Battery

no i,m not kidding if your talking about a battery to start the cart they are anywhere from 30 to 40 bucks........but i,ll say i,m kidding if you really want me to........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #13
troythomassmith
Not Yet Wild

Great yet another example of how overpriced everything is in Australia.

With the Starter Generator, do you think it needs replacing based on the results of my fault finding?

I am getting a new VR sent from the where I got the last one, but am worried if I plug it in, it will work for a while then crap out again like the last one if their is another underlying problem. I have changed the earthing for the VR as the previous guys had it earthed to the bolt securing the VR which I read somewhere was a possible problem.

This is the one I found on Ebay, would it be worth the money or should I get a different one?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hope all that is not to disjointed to follow.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

not at all.....i think i mentioned this but if i didn,t in all the years i have been fooling around with these things i have had to change a total of one starter/gen and i didn,t want to but the owner insisted well it was his money.........its possible but i would put the other vr in 1st and see where you are.............if a battery is 200 crap you,ll have to morgage your house for the starter..................................... .........
Old 06-21-2011, 05:18 AM   #15
troythomassmith
Not Yet Wild

Did a slightly different version of the full test that appears on the forum. At the suggestion of the guy who I bought the VR from, I disconnected the yellow wire at the VR and shorted it to ground. Got 14.5v on start then jumped to 15 and kept climbing. So the VR is stuffed. Strange how the result differs from when i shorted it to other pin on the SG.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you know that all the parts are around to rebuild it instead of a new starter right?........i think thats the way i would go tear it down really clean up the armature check the fiber board that houses the brush holders and replace the brushes.......make sure none of the brushes where the wire and end is that you screw down are touching the inside of the starter case that will cause it not to charge ...............now that i have seen plenty of times just that little metel hold down just barely touching the case and it wouldn,t charge.............................
Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 AM   #17
troythomassmith
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the help, is working great now. Had to partially rebuild the SG as well during the process but took it out this arvo and all is well. Next project is to repaint it.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by troythomassmith View Post
Thanks for all the help, is working great now. Had to partially rebuild the SG as well during the process but took it out this arvo and all is well. Next project is to repaint it.

........................................8 )
Old 07-05-2011, 05:07 AM   #19
troythomassmith
Not Yet Wild

Umm. Maybe I spoke to soon. I had the buggy out 3 rounds and worked like a treat. Have a mate who I going to rebuild the engine for me so dropped it at his place tonight an when I was showing him maintenance mode I noticed some fumes coming from the power box. I took the cover off and noticed that their was some black ooze under the VR. Took the VR out and it's stuffed. Looked like it had started to melt where the wires meet the VR. Is it possible I just have had bad luck, and the wires started to short out against the case? Or is it possible their was/is another problem that is killing the VR's? HELP PLEASE
Old 07-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its possible that the new VR crapped out..........i see it way more often than one should and its sad cause your out the cash and time..........you have a wiring diagram for the cart right?.....................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car