lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
sturdavj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Rebuild or replace = What I know/think is this a 04' Precedent Club car, 400fe

Rebuild or replace = What I know/think is this a 2004 Precedent Club Car, gas powered by a 400FE.

I just picked up a second job/part time performing fleet maintenance for a Nursery Wholesaler. Needless to say I am new to this vehicle so I need all the help I can find.

The operator reported this car beginning to smoke heavily, rattling and running out of oil. I am not sure as to which order things began to happen first....

What are my options ?

Are these engines worth rebuilding, or is a better choice to pick a new engine off the shelf and R&R the old one. I have located an engine for $2,300.00 no core charge ?

I have yet to begin removing the engine from the cart >< As I start to tear into this cart / engine what are some the things to look for.
sturdavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Rebuild or replace = What I know/think is this a 04' Precedent Club car, 400fe

welcome to BGW..........since i have never touched a 400 i,ll degress and let the big boys help.....don,t worry you will get some help my advice is if your gonna be playing with these things grab some service manuals........you,ll not regrett it............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Rebuild or replace = What I know/think is this a 04' Precedent Club car, 400fe

Well... if it's a 04 Precedent with an FE400, I'm either jealous because the engine has already been replaced,
or it's really an FE290 which came stock in an 04 Precedent.

There should be a tag on the fan cowl that will have a bar code and serial number. (see pics)

in either case, in my opinion... both engines are worth rebuilding!

my .02
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (2).JPG (55.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (2).JPG (47.1 KB, 5 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
sturdavj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks a bunch

So far I have been busy on unrelated equipment and have not had a good' chance to take a close look at the cart.

This vehicle has two bench seats facing forward and a rear deck, I’ll be sure to check the bar code numbers to be more precise. My co-worker who hooked me up with this part time job has checked it out relayed the 400FE info to me.

I do believe there are manuals with this cart, not sure if they are FSM, if not where might I locate a good set ?

Any recommendations for a quality service/parts shop in the Northwest region ?
sturdavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car