lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #41
Scoobyh409
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1987 Marathon 3PG wont run

Not that its benficial to you, but at least it makes me feel better that someone else has had the same problem. I will try cleaning the carb once again and see if I can get it running. Thank yall once again for all the help. I wish the Yammi people were as knowledgable on the yamahi gas g9's. The day i got mine my father got a g9 and hasn't gotten near the help from the forum.
Scoobyh409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #42
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

not that it's a huge deal, but I figured I'd mention it - when I was first doing the carb cleanings I did the soak trick, then in later cleanings I moved onto using a fine copper wire to help get the goo out of the jets (which worked a lot better) - another trick is to get some carb cleaner spray with the tube extension on the can and blow the heck outta the jets after you use the wire (wear safety glasses though, the stuff WILL get in your eyes if you don't and it's unpleasant. VERY unpleasant.) ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #43
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
another trick is to get some carb cleaner spray with the tube extension on the can and blow the heck outta the jets after you use the wire (wear safety glasses though, the stuff WILL get in your eyes if you don't and it's unpleasant. VERY unpleasant.) ...
Been there, done that. Unpleasant is a good word for "eyes on fire".

One other tip is to look in the bowl - mine looked clean when sprayed, but had a filmy crud on it that I could see when dry. I used a Dremel with a wire brush to buff it out.

Don't also forget to clean where the feed screw is - one bit of crud can block the orfice that feeds the gas into the bowl.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #44
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

wow - i thought I was the only one to resort to the dremel trick, niiiiice
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #45
Scoobyh409
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'll have to borrow my dad's dremal. Prolly be this weekend before I get time for the cart. The wife has me putting down wood floor in the house. What's more important? Honestly?
Old 08-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #46
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just tell her how you HATE working on the cart, and love putting in the floor. She'll make you go work on the cart, just out of spite!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #47
Scoobyh409
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I got it to run some more, but for now on to the biggest problem. The main cross arm on the frame was rust almost completely through. Got the old one cut out and new piece of steel picked up. Hopefully in the next couple of nights will get the new cross arm welded back in and get the engine back under the cart. Got most of the frame painted at this point.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #48
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good news scoob! Hopefully you won't have to clean out the carb again for some time!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #49
Scoobyh409
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question for anyone out there. Would the rubber nose fit on this cart or would the look be even odder being a three wheeler.. I know off subject, but just a quick question.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO