lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
rimshot425
Not Yet Wild

Default rough running 95 gas ClubCar.

For the last 11 or 12 years I have owned and used my 1995 Kawasaki Club car. During the Spring, Summer, and Fall I golf 18 holes at least four times a week. I have kept it greased and change oil & filter once a season. Other than a single replacement of the drive belt this cart has never endured a mechanical problem.

Recently, the cart has begun running rough. It seems to run ok when the gas pedal is to the floor but when running at lesser acceleration the Kawasaki gas engine is starting to run very rough. To me, the cart seems to be hesitating or missing.

I am suspecting possibly the machine has a spark issue. I have replaced the spark plug and installed a fresh air cleaner as well as new gas filter. I am going to try a new coil. If it is not the coil I have no idea what the trouble is.

Does anybody have any idea how hard it is to replace the ignition coil in this 95 Club Car with a Kawasaki gas engine? I feel like the $50-$60 I spend on the coil will help me eliminate at least one potential source of a sick engine if not fix the problem.

One thing I have noticed is the air cleaner box is contantly slipping back off that tube it slides over. There is an Oring at that connection that does not fit so tight any more.

Thanks in advance for any comments

rimhot425

Last edited by rimshot425; 08-09-2011 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: typo
rimshot425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: rough running 95 gas ClubCar.

Sounds like your problem is fuel related rather than electrical. I would pull carb and clean it good, not just blowing it out, take the jets out and clean out good with solvent and blow thru to make sure there is nothing stopped up. Most likely gummed up with our country's Ethanol Fuel we get!!

I have cleaned more carbs in the last 2 years than ever before becasue of this Go Green BS.

Anyway just a suggestion let us know how it works out.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
rimshot425
Not Yet Wild

Well, perhaps gas is the problem and not spark. As a matter of fact, today we dumped in a few ounces of Sea Foam (gas and fuel line cleaner) in the full gas tank. The cart immediately started running rougher and progressed to the point of not starting well. You don't suppose that sea foam busted loose some of that gunk from the fuel line do you?

If that stuff really cleans up fuel line sludge maybe it needs to run some more of that gas through and will clean itself up. I'll try that and report back.

thank you

rimshot425
Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

rimshot yo do like to spell kawasaki alot! as per what rose has suggested, the new blend of fuel that is out now is causing hell on carberated(icant spell, and bgw doesnt have a spell checker thingy) or and aluiniunim based parts, fuel pumps, carbs mainly.
pull your carb off and go through it fully with a wire and carb cleaner. let it sit overnite in it. also go to your fuel pump, and pull it apart. 4 screws and pop the cover. clean the screen out and make sure the flap is clean and the mating surfaces are too. takes 20 minues. just insure the 3 line get hooked up corrrectly. fuel in fuel out and the pulse line from the engine case.
other thing i have found to work great s to put about a 1/3rd of a can of seafoam in the tank when you fill it up. it has a fuel stabilizer and its a inj/carb/valve cleaner(blah blah blah) it does help with the fuel. but it wont clean your carb like a pull off and tear down, it will only help in preventing this happen.
and make sure you have the correct spark plugg too. if its the ohv engine, spark plug at a angle towards the front, it should be a ngk bpr35 or a bp35, i think i missed anumber there butthe last is a non restistor plug.
so try this and hope this helps, cause to replace the coil yo got to pull the engine out, and pull the fan shroud out just to get to it.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #5
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
rimshot yo do like to spell kawasaki alot! as per what rose has suggested, the new blend of fuel that is out now is causing hell on carberated(icant spell, and bgw doesnt have a spell checker thingy) or and aluiniunim based parts, fuel pumps, carbs mainly.
pull your carb off and go through it fully with a wire and carb cleaner. let it sit overnite in it. also go to your fuel pump, and pull it apart. 4 screws and pop the cover. clean the screen out and make sure the flap is clean and the mating surfaces are too. takes 20 minues. just insure the 3 line get hooked up corrrectly. fuel in fuel out and the pulse line from the engine case.
other thing i have found to work great s to put about a 1/3rd of a can of seafoam in the tank when you fill it up. it has a fuel stabilizer and its a inj/carb/valve cleaner(blah blah blah) it does help with the fuel. but it wont clean your carb like a pull off and tear down, it will only help in preventing this happen.
and make sure you have the correct spark plugg too. if its the ohv engine, spark plug at a angle towards the front, it should be a ngk bpr35 or a bp35, i think i missed anumber there butthe last is a non restistor plug.
so try this and hope this helps, cause to replace the coil yo got to pull the engine out, and pull the fan shroud out just to get to it.

"Rimshot" Sounds suspiciously like an arse bandit and I for one wouldn't trust one of those "Caffe Latte" drinking wierdo's. Good point though

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #6
rimshot425
Not Yet Wild

I have appreciated all the helpful posts folks have provided so far. I'm not so sure about the poster named "invalidsession". What is the point of your post? If your intention was to insult somebody than please don't waste our time.

Don't worry. If this guy responds with anything other than an apology he will be reported. There ought to be a way to pull posts like that.

rimshot425
Old 08-11-2011, 01:32 AM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot425 View Post
I have appreciated all the helpful posts folks have provided so far. I'm not so sure about the poster named "invalidsession". What is the point of your post? If your intention was to insult somebody than please don't waste our time.

Don't worry. If this guy responds with anything other than an apology he will be reported. There ought to be a way to pull posts like that.

rimshot425
Good grief man, lighten up. My comment was merely meant to lighten up last nights sombre tone and exacerbate CKI's usual and (to my mind) enjoyable use of the late night Esperanto keyboard.
Report away if you must.Waste "OUR TIME" ? That's rich. I spend more time here trying to help people with the same problems as you over and over again, patiently explaining what can be found in search and you throw that in like your some kind of a contributor ? I make off the cuff remarks all the time, It' not meant personally and anyone who knows me knows that's the case. Have you even bothered to check my previous posts ? Search ? Read previous threads ? No, I didn't think so. You just jump in for a quick fix every ten years and then vanish again like a silent fart in a posh restaurant while the rest of us poor sods keep people like you moving. If you could be bothered to pop in here more than twice a lifetime perhaps you would get to know the personalities in this forum, share your experiences with your particular cart and actually contribute to the greater knowledge of the "collective" But your just like that fart aren't you ? Stink for a bit, put everyone off there meal and then just sneak out with a go-away box without leaving a tip.

Chris.

I was a bit rude though
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:58 AM   #8
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Esperanto keyboard? Phew for a nasty moment I thought that I forgotten how to read.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Good grief man, lighten up. My comment was merely meant to lighten up last nights sombre tone and exacerbate CKI's usual and (to my mind) enjoyable use of the late night Esperanto keyboard.
Report away if you must.Waste "OUR TIME" ? That's rich. I spend more time here trying to help people with the same problems as you over and over again, patiently explaining what can be found in search and you throw that in like your some kind of a contributor ? I make off the cuff remarks all the time, It' not meant personally and anyone who knows me knows that's the case. Have you even bothered to check my previous posts ? Search ? Read previous threads ? No, I didn't think so. You just jump in for a quick fix every ten years and then vanish again like a silent fart in a posh restaurant while the rest of us poor sods keep people like you moving. If you could be bothered to pop in here more than twice a lifetime perhaps you would get to know the personalities in this forum, share your experiences with your particular cart and actually contribute to the greater knowledge of the "collective" But your just like that fart aren't you ? Stink for a bit, put everyone off there meal and then just sneak out with a go-away box without leaving a tip.

Chris.

I was a bit rude though

do you think so.........you old fart take your matimucil by god........................lolol.................. ........
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #10
rimshot425
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose88 View Post
Sounds like your problem is fuel related rather than electrical. I would pull carb and clean it good, not just blowing it out, take the jets out and clean out good with solvent and blow thru to make sure there is nothing stopped up. Most likely gummed up with our country's Ethanol Fuel we get!!

I have cleaned more carbs in the last 2 years than ever before becasue of this Go Green BS.

Anyway just a suggestion let us know how it works out.
=======================

I would like to make it a point to report my progress with rough running engine on this ClubCar. Thank you Rose88 and CKIguy because you hit the nail on the head. Your diagnosis regarding fuel system troubles instead of an electrical problem was very helpful.

The very next day I chose to r&r the fuel pump. After taking the pump all apart and washing with carb solvent I replaced all the fuel filters and gas lines. It had two gas filters, one paper and one small ceramic. The paper filter seemed fine (replaced it anyway) but I could get no air through the ceramic one. I believe it was plugged solid. Air could pass through the new one. I also noted a sharp kink in the main gas supply line to the tank. The new line took care of it.

Long story short, the cart runs great and I wanted to take the time and give you the feedback you deserve for your effort.

rimshot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car