lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #11
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 96 coil problems. please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neub7 View Post
so can I just leave the limiter unhooked or should I get a new one? If it has a govenor also, why do I need a limiter?
To prevent your engine from over revving and self destructing. I don't have any limitation on my cart but I drive it carefully and use a tach to monitor RPM's. If you are less than cautious, children or drunken friends get on a de-restricted cart some serious damage can occur mighty quick and that damage might not be only to the cart so ask yourself before you throw caution to the wind just who, how and what the cart will be used for. I might also add that these things are inherently unstable at higher speed without substantial modifications to the steering suspension and brakes.

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #12
neub7
Not Yet Wild

I'm just confused. It doesn't rev any higher or go any faster with the limiter unhooked. It just makes it not act up anymore when it's warm.
neub7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #13
neub7
Not Yet Wild

Just realized also, somehow my motor ground wire has fallen off and is gone. Don't have a clue where it went or how it fell off. The cart is still running fine. Do I need to run another ground wire or as long as it's running is it ok?
neub7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #14
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would just be sure to replace it as soon as you can. If you're running good at the moment, keep going.
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #15
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Neub as stated before the rev limiter(little black box) is to sav the motor. It doesnt control the speed like the governor will. There are a few ways seen on here and the internet to discribe zip tiing the springs or the governor arm of the trans so not to slow the cart down. They did for safety on the course! No need for drunk or pissed off golfers to be tearing up the greens!
It sounds as though your issue is with teh rev limiter. Buy on of those if you want it, or if you want to cruise with out it, zip te the governor open, get a tach! As stated from the pros on here the engine valve will float at 4k, and then the pistons and the valves kiss eagh other and its time for a big block!
As far as the groundfrom the valve cover to the frame, get you 2 eyelets and some nicce heavy say 8 gauge wire and it will be fine! Engine is getting grounded through the engine bolt/trans/rear axle. Its a cheap insurance toinsure the engine is grounded!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car