lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
Ga_goat
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default engine mount ?

have an old cart that the 2pg engine mounts to a plate that mounts to the swing arm with rubber mounts with bolts through them the mounts are shot and the cart engine is out of line so the thing starts moving when the starter starts , I have looked and looked for these mounts ,, does anyone know where I could find at least 2 of them ? may need the whole plate ??
Ga_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
sharse36
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: engine mount ?

I got 3 new motor mounts for my 1987 ezgo form ebay. search ezgo motor mounts, I got them from the place in fort wyane indiana. It took about 1 1/2hrs to change them all.
sharse36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

east coast custom carts, a sponsor, has your mounts.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

All the sponsors should carry them, and you need to get them swapped soon (my decision to put it off was rewarded by the engine assembly moving under load and causing the driven cluthch cover to make contact w the motor, net result the shearing off of the clutch cover)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Ga_goat
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Have had this cart for a couple of years , got it as a future project , just got it jacked up today and found that the engine mount has been welded to the swing arm ,, out of line and slightly angled it has a nearly new belt , correct for the cart but not with the underhanded mods , model is 1983 and we are / were planning to take this one to the hunting camp ,,, very little but hard use , I'm thinking about just getting a belt for an 88, ½ inch longer and see if that would just get it useable ,, the welding isn't all that great , may just drop the swing arm and grind it off and make it right .
Old 09-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
Ga_goat
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

O K got the swing arm out and this thing is a mess ,parts of the swing arm are fabbed the whole cradle has been fabbed ( all poorly ) engine is great so I am moving the engine to another cart ( another 2pg ) that has a bad engine and going to scrap out the rest of this beast. some times you have to admit when you are beaten .
Old 09-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Ga_goat, just out of idle curiosity, what did you plan to do with your "bad engine"

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #8
Ga_goat
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Rebuild it and set it on a shelf .. am running 3 ,, 2pg and 2 ,, 3pg carts now ,and someday I'll need it . oh and 1 sparky
Old 09-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #9
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

That's the right thing to do with it, good luck.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO