lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
mchineboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Angry Holy Smokes! I've been robbed! Can an idle jet just "fall out"?

So we live in a gated community where there are a ton of golf carts of all shapes, sizes, makes and models. So I see many of the same model golf cart that I own (85 club car).

Last Friday, I let my daughter drive to the homecoming game at her high school (they have cart parking near the entrance of our community). She drove home and told me that night that it drove extremely fast, the fact that it's mostly downhill, I didn't think anything of it.

Today, I got a call from my wife. The cart barely starts, and at full throttle just barely moves. I'm thinking, uh oh, another blown valve, or daughter's wild ride screwed the engine up. So knowing that I've been having a fuel problem (see my other post on stinky golf carts) I decided to go ahead and just disassemble and soak the carb.

As I'm taking the throttle linkage off, I notice a nut from the linkage is missing. I know for a fact that I put a lock nut on there, so it didn't just back out by itself. I start on the bowl first, nothing unusual, in fact it's pretty darn clean. Turn it over and thought I was having a senior moment. Idle screw, check. Mixture screw, check. Jet... missing. I thought I had already removed it and was just having a senior moment. But it's GONE. Missing.

I've filed a report with our local sheriff and security team. But they had to ask me, and I couldn't be sure. Is it possible that with all of the vibrations, that the jet simply backed itself out?

Given the fact that I had TWO pieces obviously missing. My inclination is no, this is not possible. But I was hoping the gurus here might have more experience or insight.
mchineboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Holy Smokes! I've been robbed! Can an idle jet just "fall out"?

are you talking about the one on the top of the carb? thats gone...........if so i have seen them just work out several times on different carts so yes it can if its the same one.......sad part is you can just take a machine bolt that fits and screw it in and cart will drive perfect..........if its this top one........if your talking about the one with the spring on it i have never seen that one work out....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
rherzner
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

NO way partner some one needed it and didnt even say thanks
rherzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I had a mate who had his Motorbike chain nicked once. It took him a while to realise why he wasn't going anywhere. Honestly, nothing surprises me anymore, even jet thieves.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
mchineboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
are you talking about the one on the top of the carb? thats gone...........if so i have seen them just work out several times on different carts so yes it can if its the same one.......sad part is you can just take a machine bolt that fits and screw it in and cart will drive perfect..........if its this top one........if your talking about the one with the spring on it i have never seen that one work out....................................
No, this was definitely pinched. I had just tightened it the week before when I was adjusting the mixture screw.

Is it ironic that another thread on here is about a guy rebuilding his carb the day after my jet was pinched?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
mchineboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unhappy Re: Holy Smokes! I've been robbed! Can an idle jet just "fall out"?

I decided to just buy a replacement carb. No one carries this part separately (that I can find). Lucky for me, Golf Cart King had a REALLY cheap price for the replacement carb.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
wharris01
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

LVS sales has a complete rebuild kit for that carb that includes all the jets and idle screw.

Just got one this week.
wharris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #8
mchineboy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well.. Now I have a dilema. :-) I have a carb that won't be here until next Wednesday, or I can overnight a rebuild kit, and have two carbs. Wonder what the SWMBO would think..
Old 09-29-2011, 11:36 PM   #9
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

What the heck is a "SWMBO" ?

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #10
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace1975 View Post
What the heck is a "SWMBO" ?

Jason
SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed. Wife. Taken from The TV series in England, "Rumpole of the Bailey" written by John Mortimer QC. Rumpole is an elderly barrister at the Old Bailey Court in London. Very good show
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumpole_of_the_Bailey

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car