lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
petewilliams
Not Yet Wild

Default A shocking Turf 1

Came into work today. (I'm a the tech at a country club) It's raining pretty good and all the guys are running back to the shop because they have something broken (oh ya they just don't like to work in the rain). SO one guy says he sees sparks on his club car. I put the f/r switch in neutral and turn over the engine. Believe me I saw sparks right over the gas tank on the seat frame. Crazy. Took the key out and is in the garage for a little wiring checkup. I don't know if anyone has seen this before or it's just a freak thing but I will post a little more info when I find it. I am leading to the excessive amount of rain and something rubbing on the frame.
petewilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A shocking Turf 1

Yes, I have seen similar arcs! Check the engine to frame ground. I had one cart that was actually trying to ground through the aluminum rivets in the frame. You could only see this when it was wet, too!

Actually, after thinking about it, check all of your grounds. We had them break from vibration and movement. It's pretty common. :)
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
petewilliams
Not Yet Wild

The problem was from the starter generator. The ground runs to the back of the seat. After removing all the wet grass from behind the plastic shield I replaced the hardware and no more spark. Also the bolt where the spark happened was tightened and no more problem.
petewilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good news! I'm glad it was something " simple "!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car