lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I sputter when half tanked!

Wish you luck and let us know Monday!
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Hmmmmm very weird. Friday night not a problem at all..... every symptom gone all night long. No sputter when it's cold and about 5/8ths of a tank on my way to fill up. Full no problem. Even the occasional sputter that would happen with a cart full of people just as I take off from a stop was gone. I thought it was totally solved.

Saturday night all the symptoms come back. Sputter when cold and close to half a tank on the way to station to fuel. Fill it up and and pull out with not a sputter just like how it went before. The occasional sputter when cart full of people is back as well. Just very very weird.

I guess the fuel pump will be changed out now if anyone else doesn't have another something I can check. I'm kind of wondering about that 'pulse' line. I guess if there's a vacuum type leak in it that might cause the similar type symptoms. I did kind of check it but it was just a cursory look to make sure the clamps on both ends were tight. I should give it a real close look before I swap pumps.
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Pipsta, I had the same issue a few years ago on an old riding mower.. Yes I know its not a cart but same pieces. Would work great with a full tank but when got about half way down would start sputtering. After all the cleanings of everything it occured to me that when it started the level of fuel in the tank was about the same height as the carb. When full it was pretty much a gravity feed fuel system because the pump had gotten weak. Replaced the pump and bingo. No more sputter. May not be your problem but sounds the same.. Good luck
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #14
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you try putting it in maint. mode, give it gas and spray the hell outta the carb and all the lines with carb cleaner and see if the engine changes in rpms. if it does then there's a crack some where. but It's sure sounding like a bad pump.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #15
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Well I swapped out the fuel pump, which was kind of a pain itself. The newer pumps have the mounting holes in opposite configuration as the original so the mounting bracket that is press riveted to the tank strap doesn't accommodate it. It being held on with one bolt but it seems good to go, there's much torque on it so as long it doesn't rattle loose form vibration I should be fine.

After a week end long of driving around I didn't have any problems at all. No cold, half tank sputter, no occasional from a stop under heavy load sputter, just smooth going. So hopefully it's been resolved with the new pump. I guess until it works for multiple weekends and no problems at all I won't say it's been 'solved' cause you never know what these carts but it's looking good so far.
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad to here it and we're always here to help a half tanked friend hell for that matter we'll help a full tanked friend!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car