lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #21
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 Club Car Drum problem..UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrichv View Post
And once again, this forum comes through for me! Thanks to all, and especially to Stevegrmich - I can now stop on a dime... One brake cable adjustment later, and I am back to enjoying my golf cart.

. . . and get 9 cents change . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #22
billmetz1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Does the brake drum come off after the wheel is removed. Am I correct in assuming that?
billmetz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #23
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmetz1 View Post
Does the brake drum come off after the wheel is removed. Am I correct in assuming that?
It should, but if you read thru this thread, you will see it can be problematic . . .
Old 07-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #24
Edwardlmcc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Looks nice . . as for the stud length, I would be asking Cart Parts Plus . . should have a full nut on the studs and you are short the thickness of the washers . . . the final pic you posted shows cart with chrome wheels . . are you having the same problem with bolt heads rubbing on inside of them also? If only "minor" rubbing and it does not prevent wheel from freely turning, can you try different type of bolt (shoulder/stripper bolt) that has a shallower head . . or grind down the head on the bolts you currently are using to provide the necessary clearance? . . .
Sorry I didn't purposely ignore you, I've just been busy doing other things and haven't looked at this for awhile.
Actually the wheels shown are the wheels I use I have plastic chromelook covers.
I did talk with Carts+ and they said basically the same thing as you and that I could grind the heads down a little, the noise grates my nerves more than any real damage as far as I can tell. I am very pleased with the functionality of the disc brakes, they work great. Thank you for your help.
Edward
Edwardlmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #25
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car