lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2020, 08:46 AM   #21
rjnchris
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precedent very slow to start

My 2006 Presedent runs great but than unexpectedly won’t start. I put a spark indicator between spark plug and wire and when this happens, I lift the seat and check for spark. No spark. May take a few seconds or a few minutes and will then start and run fine for several holes or may do the same at the next stop. I’ve removed the ground to the RPM Limiter that other threads said fixed this issue but didn’t correct my problem. I’ve checked all the connectors, wiring, etc. and all seems good. Wondering if faulty coil might be the issue.
rjnchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #22
rjnchris
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precedent very slow to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr6334 View Post
This could be a question for Tahoe Dawg.We have a fleet of 2006 Precedent's in which 1 then another and another have become very slow to crank. Replaced solenoid, battery and swapped starters with a known good cart. We also swapped the Gcor out. Checked micro switches. Still we keep having this same issue on more carts. Any ideas? I should add if you keep the accelator pressed to the floor the cart will start in about 5 seconds. We are stumped and hope someone has had this same problem with a solution.
Tommy
It doesn’t seem to make any difference with my issue since there isn’t any spark. Just takes a few seconds or maybe minutes to restart and will then continue running fine. Only happens when you go to restart.
rjnchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car