lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
bluedakotasky
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Villager 8 Gas - Stalling Problems! Help!!

Help all! I'm working on a 2006 Villager 8 Gas with the FE350 engine.
The first problem was that it would die every time you just touched the gas pedal. The fuel tank had some "crud" in it, so I cleaned it out nice and clean, replaced the gas lines to the pump and carburetor, put new fuel filters on it, and replaced the carburetor, as it was gunked up from the cart sitting for a couple of years not being used.

Review -
Clean gas tank
new fuel lines
new fuel filters
new carburetor

Now, on my smooth (dirt) road, it seemed to run pretty good. When I drive it on the bumpy part of my road, it will only go about 30 feet and die. It starts right up again, and if i mash the gas, it will die again in just a few feet. I managed to just barely give it any gas, and it made it back to the garage without dying. What gives? On the first part of the road, smooth, I ran it wide open down the road. So why would it be dying now?
After changing the carb and filters, the fuel pump seemed to pump gas to the new carb right away, so it doesn't seem like that is the problem (?)
Today I'm going to pull the fuel line off the carb and turn the engine over and see how many ounces of gas the pump is putting out per 15 seconds or so.
Anyone have any ideas for me? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Doug

bluedakotasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
bluedakotasky
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 Villager 8 Gas - Stalling Problems! Help!!

So I found out today that the fuel pump seems to work fine. I unhooked the line from the carburetor, put it in a bucket, and started the engine. The engine ran on the fuel in the carb bowl, and gas was pumping into the bucket.
So then I removed the carb and checked the float and float bowl - nothing wrong there.
So I put it back together and ran it down the road. At full throttle, it will run all day long it seems. At idle, it runs just fine. It starts just fine. It is at about 25% throttle that it seems to kill it. I can be driving along, and it will just die. There's nothing I can do to save it. I have to just let it die. Then it will re-start, and I can do it all over again.
Tomorrow, I'm going to Napa Auto Parts for some other stuff, so I'm going to pick up an aftermarket electric fuel pump and just try it. If that doesn't help, I guess I'll have to give up and take it to the dealership, or just sell it. Grrr.
bluedakotasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 Villager 8 Gas - Stalling Problems! Help!!

Once and only once when this problem occured on my friends club car when it wasn't the float in the carb it was damaged micro switches on the back of the shifter. Can't say that is the problem but least worth double checking. I replace carb, coil and eventually the entire engine and it kept happening. That little micro switch was the problem the whole time.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carburetor, stalling, villager
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car