lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 99 TURF-II reverse question.

I just bought a 1999 Turf II from a private party, with a new engine that was put in during March of this year.

Everything about the cart works properly except it won't go into reverse. I will pick up the cart on Friday and I think that it may be a simple fix.

My question is, how does the lever in the front control the forward/reverse function? There appears to be a bracket in back of the F/R switch under the seat that is loose and not connected to anything. I'm thinking that the bracket holds the shifting cable tight so the inside wire can slide back and forth to put the transmission into Forward or Reverse.

Can anyone verify this for me?

If that is the problem how is the bracket attached and what would I need to bring so I can connect it properly to back it up onto my trailer?

Thanks,

Clem

P.S. Are there any Turf II owners on this forum? I have a lot of questions about this type of cart and am also looking for manuals for it.
Workstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2012, 04:08 AM   #2
machynys
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 99 TURF-II reverse question.

The outer cable is secured with two locking nuts on the bracket you are talking about. The inner part of the cable has a slip connector to a small ball and socket that is directly connected to the selector handle on the outside (centre of the cabin) The same is repeated on the rear of the cable at the transaxle.
machynys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #3
machynys
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The clubcar part number for the service and maintenance manual is 102067510
machynys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

open the seat, grab the shifter lever on the rear axle, you should be able to shift the trans by hand, rock the cart back and forth if needed to get it in reverse it might shift hard so put some effort it it.
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

machynys

Thanks for that information.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RSP

That's exactly what I had hoped would be the solution. Thanks.

Can I put the transmission into "neutral" this way also, so the cart could be pushed or towed if necessary? I have to remove the drive belt on my "92 EZGO to push it.

Clem
Old 11-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

YES, the shifting lever on the trans can be shifted by hand from forward to neutral to reverse. If the cart is in neutral you do not have to take the belt off.............
Old 11-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSP View Post
YES, the shifting lever on the trans can be shifted by hand from forward to neutral to reverse. If the cart is in neutral you do not have to take the belt off.............

RSP,

Thanks for that confirmation about manual neutral on the transmission.

I'm trying to find posted information about the Club Car Turf II online and I have not been very successful so far. I'm thankful for your information.

Do you know where I might get a used electric lift for the dump bed?

Thanks,

Clem
Old 11-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #8
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Clem, you are very welcome, and No sir I cannot help with your lift, just watch ebay would be my guess
Old 11-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #9
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

clem i will get and post pictures tonight! i have a 99 carryall turf 2...or its a carryall, with 22s and a dump bed. i have to get measurements for a seat base so might as well get the camera out while im there!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

ckiguy,

That would be great. I had never even seen a Turf II before I saw this one and bought it. The people are moving from a large place to a condo and have years and years of accumulation they had to get rid of. They finish up today and I will get the cart tomorrow.

Does yours have the power lift on the dump bed?

Do you have any manuals?

Why are some fo these called Turf II and others are called Carryall, and others called Turf II Carryalls?

I also have a question about adding an inverter to the cart and wonder if you have any information that would be helpful? I know that truckers often add an inverter to have some of the comforts of home in their cab.

Thanks,

Clem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
clem i will get and post pictures tonight! i have a 99 carryall turf 2...or its a carryall, with 22s and a dump bed. i have to get measurements for a seat base so might as well get the camera out while im there!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car