lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 89 club car, good deal and good for off road mods?

No that's not my cart, that moldy cart is sitting at our local campground. I only posted the pic because I like the stance and tire size. That cart has the same motor as our carts (it's a '90), but I have no idea how well it runs with those 22s.

One thing I'm reseraching with lift kits right now is if any of the lift kits raise up the muffler in the back. It looks like they don't. On the '84-'91 carts the muffler is mounted low in the back and is bolted onto the same bracket that the lower shock mounts are bolted to, and when the cart is lifted, the muffler stays the same height since that bracket doesn't get lifted. It's not like it's an impassable issue, but it sure looks weird with a lifted cart and a stock-height muffler. I anticipate it looking weird so I'll probably find a way to rework the exhaust so the muffler can be raised.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #12
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

my 91 did very well on the trails with stock motor, 8" rims and 23" tires. did have my driven clutch machined and the 200 rpm spring from cpp in there aswell.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #13
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
No that's not my cart, that moldy cart is sitting at our local campground. I only posted the pic because I like the stance and tire size. That cart has the same motor as our carts (it's a '90), but I have no idea how well it runs with those 22s.

One thing I'm reseraching with lift kits right now is if any of the lift kits raise up the muffler in the back. It looks like they don't. On the '84-'91 carts the muffler is mounted low in the back and is bolted onto the same bracket that the lower shock mounts are bolted to, and when the cart is lifted, the muffler stays the same height since that bracket doesn't get lifted. It's not like it's an impassable issue, but it sure looks weird with a lifted cart and a stock-height muffler. I anticipate it looking weird so I'll probably find a way to rework the exhaust so the muffler can be raised.
if you look at how your muffler is mounted now its on the same studs that the rear shocks mount to. the lift kit comes with brackets that move the shock mount studs up above the springs, when i did my lift i moved the muffler and shocks up there, cut the 2 esisting stock studs off the motor cradle then reworked the midpipe from the motor to the muffler to make it work. i think i ended up cutting 1" or so out of it. i cut it at both flanges held it up cut it, tacked it then took of and welded it up good. came out good and i did it for the same reason you stated it looked weird hanging down low. wasnt hard, sawzall, grinder/cutoff wheel welder and about 1.5 hour or so & youre set!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Thanks Matt, that's what I was coming to realize.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

yes, i just saw your pm. ill try to post a pic or 2 this week so you can get the idea.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #16
dforster2
Not Yet Wild

Can you tell me the advantage of using the A-arm lift kits? which one did you use?

btw- are those the 23" tires in your '91 pictures in your sig?
thanks.
dforster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #17
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dforster2 View Post
Can you tell me the advantage of using the A-arm lift kits? which one did you use?

btw- are those the 23" tires in your '91 pictures in your sig?
thanks.
I have the a arm lift and its the only one I've used so I can't really compare it but there's others here who can spell out the pros/cons of spindle lift vs a arm. I'd recommend staying away from the z lift kits.

Yes the 23" tire are shown in album 2 in my sig.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:58 AM   #18
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
I have the a arm lift and its the only one I've used so I can't really compare it but there's others here who can spell out the pros/cons of spindle lift vs a arm. I'd recommend staying away from the z lift kits.

Yes the 23" tire are shown in album 2 in my sig.
Im just the opposite, dont waste your money on a-arms and spindle lifts and do the Z-lift. Better ride ,steering and more readily available replacement parts.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #19
dforster2
Not Yet Wild

this kit looks like a descent deal. It uses a spindle lift in the front. I'd like some nicer looking wheels at least, or may some hubcaps would look ok. I'd like to see what these look like mounted on a cart.

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/prod...5%20BDLD%20WHT
dforster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #20
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I've been looking in the BU catalog at lifts and they don't show a Buggies Unlimited lift kit that fits 82-91 gas (?). But for some reason the lift they sell in the combo that dforster posted says it fits both gas and electric (?).

This is the exact kit in the combo but in the description it says it only fits 82 and up electric (but only 92 and up gas). What gives?

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/prod...KT%20CC5%20041
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car