lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #21
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Red faced mad!!!

Yamaha dealer system say's est ship date 3/15/2013 on the axle tube, things are looking up I'll check to see if I have any tommarrow. Tonka, that's alot of coin for those parts, have you done a WTB in the for sale section? I agree with Pachanga , I would not trust an altered axle, axle tube, no problem. Keep up the dream, just don't let it eat at you, lifes to short my freind.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #22
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Tonka, have you found a g2/9 to modify?
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #23
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka329 View Post
Here is the cart Jason built. This is what I want to do for the rear of my cart... However, I will be going a full fab custom on the front of my cart..

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...rail-cart.html
That thing is/was badazz! Never thought about using a Polaris quad motor....Heck I got a Polaris 250 in a million peices in my shed....Hmmmm.....
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #24
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Yamaha dealer system say's est ship date 3/15/2013 on the axle tube, things are looking up I'll check to see if I have any tommarrow. Tonka, that's alot of coin for those parts, have you done a WTB in the for sale section? I agree with Pachanga , I would not trust an altered axle, axle tube, no problem. Keep up the dream, just don't let it eat at you, lifes to short my freind.
Thanks Dave! The guy gave me a really good "deal" on those axles and housings. He told me they were just "laying around collecting dust and to make him an offer" So, I offered $90 each axle and $110 each housing. He said sounds just fine! Hope he remembers that in 3 weeks when I go to buy them again!! I meant not and altered axle... Just the housing. My fault!
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #25
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff4mason View Post
That thing is/was badazz! Never thought about using a Polaris quad motor....Heck I got a Polaris 250 in a million peices in my shed....Hmmmm.....
There are a couple threads on here with Polaris engines. I wouldn't use anything less than a 425. However, I will be using a Polaris motor but, the donor quad/engine size will be left for a surprise...
Old 02-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #26
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
Tonka, have you found a g2/9 to modify?

I'm on the trail of a couple now... Just need those axles before Yamaha discontinues them...
Old 02-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #27
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Not to contradict any body but I have had an axle welded on my 81 G1..Had to machine ends to point then build up weld evenly,lathe it down,then sleeved it and welded that..the guy been welding for 25 years and did say he would never do it again but it still works great..
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #28
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

I understand Todd but, you have the stock G1 engine? Not a bunch of power. Anywho, my cart will be around 55 horsepower when all done... Not wanting to trust a welded axle when a cart will be able to pull wheelies...
Old 02-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #29
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Tonka, are you doing a cart or airplane! 55 hp!!!! Wo Baby bring my helmet, boogity, boogity, boogity
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #30
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

It's going to be great! I'm trying to find a Dyno to check it out after the build...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha