lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Default Radio

Im checking on getting some music on my g1 , whats a good system to use? Im on a budget, thanks
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Radio

Smartphone/iPod/mp3 player, amp, speakers, wire it up, done.
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Good and Budget usually don't go together when talking about electronics. Especially when it needs to be "all weather". I wouldn't skimp on the stereo stuff. If this was a 82 Impala, I'd say something different. Look for Marine stereos, they are "all weather". The only way you'd get away with anything else is if you made a weather tight enclosure of some sort.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here is what I have in my boat and it rocks!! It powers 4 x 6 1/2 Polk Audio speakers. When my radio in the cart dies I am going to put one of these in. All I listen to is my Iphone/MP3.

Amazon.com: Pyle PLMRMP3A 4-Channel Waterproof MP3/iPod Marine Power Amplifier: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Pyle PLMRMP3A 4-Channel Waterproof MP3/iPod Marine Power Amplifier: Car Electronics
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I picked up a marine Kenwood stereo from Crutchfield. And two 6.5" marine speakers. Cost me less that $200. You can probably get a better deal if you look around online. But I wanted marine grade so I didn't have to worry about it as much.
Now I'm looking for a set of speaker pods to mount either to the underside of the roof or between the seat backs for more speakers. I know I've seen them on here, but can't find them....
ddeblance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Mako, who needs a radio when you can listen to the roar of a massive golf cart engine? Ah, reminds me of my 396 Nova!!
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Just get yourself a good used amplifier on eBay for cheap, and connect your smartphone or mp3/iPod to it. Tuck the amp away under the seat, hidden away and relatively protected from the elements. Control everything from your phone or music player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
gscalifornia
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I used this cheap Pyle head unit, has radio MP3 hookup, and a USB hookup as well so you can load a bunch of songs on flashdrives. No CD drive, but it would probably skip like crazy running around the yard! It's a lot smaller than your normal car CD player as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PYLE-PLMR89W...item3cba1e8b82

The Polk Audio 6.5" round marine rated speakers sound really good, you can usually get them for around $50 a pair on ebay or amazon.
gscalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha