lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #21
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Free Magnet Speed Hack 27 MPH 02 IQ

My question is, what would happen if the magnet was totaly removed? Would the cart no longer run/move? That would take care of the out of balance issue with only half a magnet in place and the possible issues with the motor chewing up any left overs that could fall into the moving parts.
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #22
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Limp Mode
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #23
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

CRK,
My understanding is that if the magnet wasn't there the cart would go into limp mode?
If the magnet that I super glued on comes off it will just spin in the sensor cap. I don't see how the magnet could get inside the motor. The area is to tight IMO. The magnet material is similiar to plastic.
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #24
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Who's the next Guiney pig? Isn't this the same as the speed code 4? or a Speedy Link?
Steve
Old 05-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #25
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Limp mode.. gotcha...
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #26
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Who's the next Guiney pig? Isn't this the same as the speed code 4? or a Speedy Link?
Steve
Those things only get you up to around 20 mph...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #27
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jakesnake,

Maybe my subject line is misleading? Basically the cart does 19MPH on the flat, I could really care less about the regen. I guess its kinda like my series cart now gravity/batteries and the motor are the only limiting factor. So the speedylink and speed code 4 don't let you roll past 20mph down hill?
Steve
Old 05-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Getting a magnet with 4 poles instead of 8 to speed up an IQ is well documented in this site. That would be the better approach for long term and about $20.
The magnet and SpeedLink do the exactly same thing. They both are faster than speed code 4 down hill as code 4 will still limit your speed to 19.2 on a downhill.
I personally like the idea of using regen brake when you are going that fast as it puts a lot less wear on those little stock brakes.
At 27mph your motor was doing about 5,000rpm, so if part of that magnet broke off (close to 200gs centrifugal force at that rotational speed), I can only picture the inside of a garbage disposal ... most likely would disintegrate, but it could damage or scar the speed sensor itself.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #29
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Jakesnake,

Maybe my subject line is misleading? Basically the cart does 19MPH on the flat, I could really care less about the regen. I guess its kinda like my series cart now gravity/batteries and the motor are the only limiting factor. So the speedylink and speed code 4 don't let you roll past 20mph down hill?
Steve
Ok, I thought you were getting 27 on flat ground. Speed code 4 gets you 19.6 mph but if you have regen running, it won't let you free wheel down hill above 20 mph. Now if you have speed code 4 and disable regen your downhill speed is unlimited...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #30
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jakesnake,
At least on the Excel, you cannot disable "regen" breaking that is used to limit speed, only the "pedal up" regen brake.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car