lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #11
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: 09 drive clutch noises

well i called plowmans..he wants me to do the extreme poerformnace kit but i dont have the 380$ to go that route so i guess ill have to live with it. Don says the stock 07-11 clutches were junk and his fix to the clutches is a night and day difference. i guess i need to play the lotto.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #12
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
im gonna call don at plowmans tomorrow hopefully he is in shop and see what he says about these team clutches. I can live with the noise since i very seldom go top speed just dont wanna do any damage to the clutches since they are very expensive.
Knowing Don, he will want you to send it in to be rebuilt. Chances are the bushings are worn, along with other parts. I will probably do mine next year. I spent enough on clutches this year already.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #13
dbmachine
Gone Wild

yeah i would have to spend 40$ plus shipping for a primary clutch puller from don to remove the primary..money just keeps adding up..maybe tax season next year..lol..just in the back of my head it bothers me that im not getting the full potential out of this cart. my wife and kids drive it 90% of the time anyways so it will have to do for now..really would rather spend the money on a rear seat so we dont have to ride all the kids in our laps.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
yeah i would have to spend 40$ plus shipping for a primary clutch puller from don to remove the primary..money just keeps adding up..maybe tax season next year..lol..just in the back of my head it bothers me that im not getting the full potential out of this cart. my wife and kids drive it 90% of the time anyways so it will have to do for now..really would rather spend the money on a rear seat so we dont have to ride all the kids in our laps.
You (we) can't help it. We're driven by some unseen force to boost the performance of our toys. I'm in the very same situation. My cart is used primarily to shuttle kids, coolers, and other stuff, from the campsite to the dock. 10 -15 MPH is plenty fast for this duty. Adding lights was far more practical than what I've been spending on clutches etc. But I like the way it runs so much better now. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but the Tim Taylor inside me is grunting all the way.......
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha