lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Problem with starter/generator??

I went out to ride the cart today, and it drove fine. I parked it, and went to get on it again and it wouldn't move. It just clicked, but no power. So I checked to make sure all the connections were good, and everything seemed good, and tight. I tapped on the thing by the gas tank right below the fuel pump, and tried again nothing. Then I tapped on the thing by the air filter with the shroud right above it from the airbox. I think its the starter/generator and it started. Then when I tried again it wouldn't start, but every time I tapped on it, it started fine. What do I need to do to fix this? Its the thing circled in red. Don't mind the hoses not hooked up in the picture. I fixed all those. This a pic from the day I got the cart. lol Any help on fixing the problem would be great. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg starter.jpg (107.1 KB, 0 views)
deerslayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
rwt101
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Problem with starter/generator??

It sounds like the brushes in the starter/generator are bad . You can either replace them yourself or take it to a shop and have them do it. You will have to remove it to install them.
Bob T
rwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thats what it is. I took it all apart, and 2 brushes look good, and 2 look bad. I cleaned the whole thing out with the air compressor, and sanded the ends of the brushes, and the armature. I put it all back together, and it is working good now. That will get me by until The new brushes come in. Thanks for the help.
deerslayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
rwt101
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Glad it worked out for you.
Bob T
rwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha