lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
large shell
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 01 EZGO TXT idle issue

I have a 2001 TXT with a stock motor, carb, and exhaust. I upgraded the clutch spring and switched it to key start. The cart will not carry a consistent idle... It idles up, which engages the belt, then a few seconds later it drops too low and the engine doesn't stay idling. I've tried cleaning the carb and adjusting the idle. When I get the idle to the point where it stays running and the clutch does not engage... it only lasts for a few seconds then drops too low. It kinda mimics a vacuum problem?

any help would be appreciated
large shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 01 EZGO TXT idle issue

May sound strange but have you checked the valve clearance ? If they are a bit tight it can cause it to be erratic. You also may have too tight of a throttle cable. If you hold the throttle valve against the idle stop will it smooth out ?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
large shell
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you, I will check and adjust the valve clearance tonight. I also noticed the plugs are wet, smell like gas, and almost a brown color. I am changing the from bpr5es to the 4es to see if that helps.
The motor does cough out of the carb at idle too, so the valves will probably fix the problem
Old 05-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Or your float may not be completely closing so partially flooding at idle. May be time to clean the carb.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
large shell
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The valves are adjusted, new plugs... But still having the idle climb high then fall to low to idle :(
Cart runs great, just won't idle. When its at a slow idle it pops, almost like a miss
Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

sounds to me you have a carb issue. But I have never messed with a cart that idles except the st4x4.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO