lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
devchilde
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy G9 94 wiring/starter problems

Recently my G9 worked perfect until the starter went out. Had the starter rebuilt and put back on, but no one marked which wires went where. I found the wiring diagrams and hooked everything back up accordingly.

Except it still doesn't run.

The ignition needed changed also, it was a redneck ignition that used a screwdriver as a key. So i ordered one from the golf cart king and plugged it in. The golf cart doesn't start, click, make any noise when the key is turned, nor the peddle depressed. Four mechanics have looked at it and cannot tell me what is wrong with it.

If someone can tell me how to test the coil, and misc. switches, I would greatly appreciate it. Not spending any more money on people telling me they cannot figure it out. Thank you for any and all replies, and please it is usually the simplest answer and I don't mind checking and rechecking wiring!! I will be happy when my beast is running again!!

Kris
devchilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
sontag1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G9 94 wiring/starter problems

Your answers might be found here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...turn-over.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...placement.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-diagrams.html
sontag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You "fixed" too many things at the same time. After you read and make copies of the items suggested by sontag1 and rechecked the starter circuit wiring, I would start by sorting out the starter/gen circuit. First, (with all switches off), momentarily jumper the solenoid's large terminals together. Cart should crank! Then check the solenoid as follows: You should be able to crank (turn over) the engine by energizing the solenoid by inserting a jumper wire from bat. + to the solenoid terminal where the small R/W wire attaches to it (remove the existing R/W wire first). Solenoid should pick-up and cart should crank as soon as you energize that solenoid terminal. Once you have that sorted out and working, you can go on to check the wiring and switches in the starting circuit. Gotta take things one at a time. Report findings. Good luck - RAY

P.S. - Oh, make sure your battery connections are clean and tight and it is fully charged BEFORE doing any troubleshooting.

Last edited by bigstik40; 08-04-2013 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: corrections
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
devchilde
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much, I will try all of these and let you know! Fingers crossed!!
devchilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha