lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default CRANKCASE HOSE G9 (Pulsar?)

[I've been trying for a week now to figure out how to get a clamp on the hose that comes out of the pipe (T) coming down from the fuel pump and connects to a nipple on the bottom of the crankcase. Don't know about other Yamaha carts but the on the G9 there's not much room to maneuver a hose on the nipple at the bottom of the crankcase much less get any kind of a tool in there to tighten a clamp. I guess you call it the pulse or pulsar hose although the Yamaha diagram just names it a "hose"! If someone knows an easy way I'll send you a personalzied Christmas card.
Thanks
JP
[/B]
whiteriver23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: CRANKCASE HOSE G9 (Pulsar?)

I doubt you would need one, just use clean new hose that fits it snug and clean the nipple before you put it on. There is no fluid in the hose (or not supposed to be really, maybe just mist/fumes at times) and no pressure really. Sometimes you can put a small ziptie on the line then slide it down to where you want it, then only have to pull it tight. Autozone has some clamps with finger tab you tighten, no tool needed.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Sho,
I finally got tired of thinking about it and took off the air cleaner, unhooked the starter/generator and moved it back out of the way so I could get a couple fingers in there, put on the new hose with a small tie strap and called it good.
Then moved on to replacing the coil and plug wire. Didn't fix my original problem of the cart running fine then dying for no apparent reason, then starting up again. So, now it's on to tearing down the fuel pump to see what that looks like.
Out of nowhere I get a little puff of a backfire when I turn off the engine, I suppose the carb will be in for an overhaul after checking out the fuel pump.
Appreciate your comment and help.
JP
Old 08-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I set the engine to idle and it runs better for me. I set the idle mix a quarter turn richer than needed, set the speed really slow just faster than the starter goes. It will idle if I push the pedal a little. This way it starts much faster I find, when warm out and its been run recently. I set up my clone the same way but the compression release cuts in and makes it miss at that slow of an idle, still starts better than way rather than the idle set to zero speed. I've read a carb will not flow fuel properly with no air flow, and there is no flow with the carb all the way shut. And we all know you have to choke a small engine if you start it with the carb open. I feather it idle to 1/4 and it starts up fast even cold. Only use choke under 60F or so, it will start then but starts faster with choke. Also make sure there is a little play in the pedal from start to when carb opens, you don't want the carb open before the gen starts it (before the pedal switch is hit). That can cause backfiring. The G1 manual says to set the idle but later yamaha do not....but they do have an idle speed and mix on G2/9.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Sho,
I'm going to get the manual out and re-read your comments, that's a lot of info.for this ole brain to handle. Do appreciate the comments. Got a new
few pump in the mail today. Plan to drain the tank before the new pump is installed just to make sure I don't send a big wad of something up there. Noticed last nite when I was troubleshooting when the engine dies I have no spark on my new tester so, soon I'll start looking at electrical connections and exposed wiring. I thought after I put the new coil in the dying problem was fixed but no such luck.
Thanks
JP
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha