lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
jayjay1234
Not Yet Wild

Default 48V battery gauge

I'm thinking of installing one on my 2000 CC. Any opinions on whether they are worth the effort? Thanks.
jayjay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 48V battery gauge

nothing wrong with having one on the cart, its gonna let you know before your dash light does.............................................8 )
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:29 AM   #3
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Found it useful when put them on my carts, to keep from being stuck away from home, or to recharge which cart as only use one charger most of the time because I have it rigged through a wall.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48V battery gauger

It is a very underestimated piece of essential equipment IMO. A properly drained and recharged set of batteries out live an abused set by many years. When you consider the costs of a set of batteries today, that is no small savings. When you get it installed charge your batteries and note the voltage...when your gauge moves down recheck and note the voltage. And so on until you find the point where you are 1/2 way between the fully charged reading( must be taken 30 minutes after the charger turns off!) and the 36v or 48v that your pack is. My wifes Aunt uses this method and regular maintenance and has 8 yrs on a set of Trojans that I think are going to go 10 yrs. Hey.....what's the record?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

scotty i have a set going on 14 years a set going on 12 years and a set that just turned 11 years and i see no reason i,ll have to replace any of them this year...............the kicker is these 3 sets of batts are maintained by 3 different widows in there 80,s......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
rdvab
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 48V battery gauger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
It is a very underestimated piece of essential equipment IMO. A properly drained and recharged set of batteries out live an abused set by many years. When you consider the costs of a set of batteries today, that is no small savings. When you get it installed charge your batteries and note the voltage...when your gauge moves down recheck and note the voltage. And so on until you find the point where you are 1/2 way between the fully charged reading( must be taken 30 minutes after the charger turns off!) and the 36v or 48v that your pack is. My wifes Aunt uses this method and regular maintenance and has 8 yrs on a set of Trojans that I think are going to go 10 yrs. Hey.....what's the record?
So SCOTTYB in the sticky it says recarge after use and between rounds etc.Are you saying the batteries need to be drained regularly before recharging ,and if so,how far down??
Thanks ron
rdvab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
tn2tool
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Any good digital 48 volt gauges out there? Not the vertical bar style but actual numbers.
tn2tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car