lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
hmcnav
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart slowed to a crawl

Hello, Ive had my cart just for a few days and today on a way back from picking up my kids it slowed to almost a crawl and could not make it up the driveway. The ride was 1.2 miles one way. I have not charged since getting Tuesday. The battery meter was reading 2 lines from full charge, 1 line when I left.

Its also 105 here in Arizona, more in garage, just incase this could be a contributing factor.

Should I be worried, did it just over heat? It ran fine yesterday
hmcnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart slowed to a crawl

Heat is hard on batteries but it does not cut performance like cold does. Your bar graph meter may be misleading you. Recharge every night after you use it. Try to avoid charging when the garage is the hotest.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #3
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart slowed to a crawl

The bar meters are notoriously inaccurate. Check your voltage with a multi-meter if you have one and you may be surprised. If your volts check out, the next place I would look is all the cable connections. Check them all after running the cart a bit and see if any of them are getting hot. At this point you will have eliminated the easy stuff. I guess one more easy one would be electrolyte level in the batteries.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO