lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

Default Starting project for a first timer, 95 Medalist rebuild

I recently inherited a 95 Medalist from my grandfather and am starting the rebuild process. I've read a TON of the info on this site and others that has been incredibly helpful, so thanks for that.

Progress so far, I've pretty much completely deconstructed the cart down to the frame. I've left the suspension on the front and rear along with the rear end but everything else is removed.

End goal, update with all new parts(new for the most part), lift it, AC power it and make it new again. I've already acquired a 06 body in pretty good shape that I plan to repaint. I'm hoping to have it ready for next spring.

Some observations: Wow, the information here is overwhelming at times. Just so much to go through. While all of it is great, sometimes I just have to step away for a while and recenter what I'm looking for...I get interested in SO many threads and get lost. :)

Could there BE any more rivets on an EZ-GO? Do they have some kind of pact with a rivet company somewhere, sheez. Putting this thing back together shoudl be interesting.

Has anyone updated an older cart to new skins like this before? Is there any pitfalls to be looking for? I'm looking to likely add a Jake's spindle lift(6"), and while I know it will move the front wheels slightly forward and out some, how can you manage to keep the wheel and tire offset the same from front to rear? I don't want it to be wider in the front than the rear. Is this even something I have to worry about?

As I say, this is my first ever project like this and I'm having some fun with it so far and am open to any tips or tricks any of you have that can help me avoid some mistakes that I'm SURE to make.

Thanks for the time and what a great community.

Mark
OU4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starting project for a first timer, 95 Medalist rebuild

Welcome to BGW Mark

Ezgo made the last marathon in 1993. So if you have a metal bodied Marathon it is older than you think .....or if plastic bodied ~ it is a TXT .... check the last 2 digits of the model number for the date code. Keep us posted!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome! You've got lots of help here, and I'm sure you'll have a lot more questions. So I'll start off: Yes they could put more rivets on, but we're glad that they didn't! Yes Jake's spindle lift will put your front tires out farther than your rears, but it isn't a safety concern as much as a looks concern (I use 2" spacers on the rear to get almost even). As far as a body swap, you will need to do a little research and use lots of elbow grease (and rivets) rule of thumb if it doesn't look right it probably isn't.

My best advice is to start your project and as you need help, search for your problem in the forums and if you can't find a solution then post your question(s). Lots of us here are more than happy to help, and most questions have been asked and answered before it just takes some time to look up.

Good Luck
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Welcome to BGW Mark

Ezgo made the last marathon in 1993. So if you have a metal bodied Marathon it is older than you think .....or if plastic bodied ~ it is a TXT .... check the last 2 digits of the model number for the date code. Keep us posted!
Not so fast Scotty...

Between the Marathons and the debut of the TXT, there was the Medallist.. Basically, it's a metal bodied TXT, they have the same body styling as the TXT.. They were produced from late 1994 to 1996..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
Not so fast Scotty...

Between the Marathons and the debut of the TXT, there was the Medallist.. Basically, it's a metal bodied TXT, they have the same body styling as the TXT.. They were produced from late 1994 to 1996..
OH Yes......... My Bad
How could I forget the lowly medalist

Thanks JOHN
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys, Thats' the one, it was a metal bodied TXT.

I Just kinda laid the new 06 body on it last night, and it looks like everything lines up pretty well. I'm near positive it will fit.
OU4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
huntinghawk
Gone Wild

You can send the old metal body to me. I prefer metal.
Ross
huntinghawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinghawk View Post
You can send the old metal body to me. I prefer metal.
Ross
You rock Ross!!

to all you plastic perverts!

pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

I wish they still made metal bodied carts... Metal is easy to repair and prep for paint, unlike the newer plastic bodies...
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
huntinghawk
Gone Wild

And I prefer steel & wood guns rather then aluminum & plastic.
Ross
huntinghawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
95 ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO