lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
Dennis3dream
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 1986 EZ GO wireing diagram

I have a 1986 ez-go marathon Man Code G1086 ser # 405692
Cannot find a wiring diagram that is the same as most of mine
Mine has 5 contacts on the throttle control, I can only find ones with 4 contacts + a separate terminal
Dennis3dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"
Default Re: 1986 EZ GO wireing diagram

Dennis,

On my '84 Marathon, there are 5 contacts on the accelerator wiper board, too, but the bottom one isn't connected to anything. It's where the wiper contact rests when the pedal is released.

Is there a cable going from the bottom contact to some other place in the cart? If so, where does it go?

Pictures would help, but I think you have to have a minimum number of posts before you can attach a photo.

RLW
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #3
Dennis3dream
Not Yet Wild

there was wire to all terminals
I had to replace the board, someone didn't label the wires
I have tried leaving the bottom one empty, it works But the contactor arcs wen it hits the first live contact
Dennis3dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dennis,

The wiring on most resistor carts was similar, as far as I know, but the layout differed between model years. My '84 cart's motor is perpendicular to the rear axle, and the resistor assembly is between the driver side rear wheel and the center of the cart. Later years had a rear end where the motor was parallel to the axle, and the resistor was in the middle between the batteries.

The wiring diagram for both layouts is similar. In the "sticky" posts at the top of the Electric EZGO forum is a wiring diagram that's a good place to start:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rt-wiring.html

Arcing of the wiper board can be caused by a cable (or cables) from the wiper board to the resistor assembly, or even a break in the resistor itself.

If you can do it, I'd suggest posting some pictures of the wiper board, battery compartment, and resistor. That will help in troubleshooting your problem.

RLW
Old 10-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis3dream View Post
there was wire to all terminals
I had to replace the board, someone didn't label the wires
I have tried leaving the bottom one empty, it works But the contactor arcs wen it hits the first live contact
I suspect you meant contact rather than contactor. (Contactor is another name for the solenoid)

There should be two cables on the first wiper contact. One cable goes to the first resistor coil and the other cable goes to the solenoid contacts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor cart - Schematic.JPG (87.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #6
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I suspect you meant contact rather than contactor. (Contactor is another name for the solenoid)

There should be two cables on the first wiper contact. One cable goes to the first resistor coil and the other cable goes to the solenoid contacts.
JohnnieB,

Don't you mean on the first non-empty wiper contact? The second one from the bottom? The first (bottom) wiper contact is just a place for the wiper arm to rest when the pedal isn't depressed.

I'm not looking at it right now, but, as I recall, the second contact from the bottom has the cables as you describe.

RLW
Old 10-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw View Post
JohnnieB,

Don't you mean on the first non-empty wiper contact? The second one from the bottom? The first (bottom) wiper contact is just a place for the wiper arm to rest when the pedal isn't depressed.

I'm not looking at it right now, but, as I recall, the second contact from the bottom has the cables as you describe.

RLW
Yes, the first non-empty wiper contact.
(It is labeled "1" on the schematic.)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO