lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
suchner
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Talking crank seal question g-1

Hi Guys, I am in the process of replacing my crankshaft seals and have the seal on the fan side exposed. I believe the seal has probably disentagrated. I can see a copper colored ring with rubber on the inner and outer edges. Before I drill a hole into the metal and use a screw to try to pull it out I want to be sure that it is the seal? I bought a new seal and it appears to be black rubber with a ring of coiled metal on the inside. I'm thinking the brass colored ring is encased in the rubber. Am I right or just crazy. Thanks Bill
suchner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: crank seal question g-1

I think you're right Bill. I sent the clutch puller and some info today.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchner View Post
Hi Guys, I am in the process of replacing my crankshaft seals and have the seal on the fan side exposed. I believe the seal has probably disentagrated. I can see a copper colored ring with rubber on the inner and outer edges. Before I drill a hole into the metal and use a screw to try to pull it out I want to be sure that it is the seal? I bought a new seal and it appears to be black rubber with a ring of coiled metal on the inside. I'm thinking the brass colored ring is encased in the rubber. Am I right or just crazy. Thanks Bill
Can we see a picture? Remember to make a "mark" on the "timing plate" so you install it back to original setting.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
suchner
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Can we see a picture? Remember to make a "mark" on the "timing plate" so you install it back to original setting.
Good idea. I will take a picture tomorrow and try to post it.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #5
suchner
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Ron, I can't wait to the see the other seal.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
harvestpride
Not Yet Wild

does someone have the diminision on the clutch puller. I have a machine shop and would like to make my own. I looks like you put a shaft in and then run a bolt in to extract the clutch. If anyone has more information on this I would sure appreciate it. thanks
Dennis
harvestpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha