lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
coondog
Getting Wild

Default Robin 244 PG2

Anyone know what the acceptable compressions before needing a rebuild and after a rebuild is on a Robin 244 PG2 engine is?
Where can I find parts or used/rebuilt engines at a good price?

Thanks
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
Goat53
Gone Wild

Default Re: Robin 244 PG2

I'm down here in Valdosta and have an 83 that runs and cranks fine with 70 lbs cyl pressure . have an 89 just put a top end kit in it that has 115 , have an 86 that hasn't been cranked sence a complete rebuild because the starter won;t turn that compression ,currently rebuilding starter and fwd/rev switch . several of the site sponcers sell kits for these old baby's , but make no mistake they are expencive to work on .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
ezhan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi coondog do ya coon hunt? I have hunted for about 39 years fast running coon here in oklahoma. I did a uper and lower on my 1980 2cycle ezgo it was EZ. if your frunt or back seal is bad it will couse pressure problems. you may check for that. I just joined and I cant get any help. hope you can .may your dog allways have a coon in the tree!
ezhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
coondog
Getting Wild

Mine cranks and runs fine it just does not seem like it has alot of power compared to another I drove. That is the reason why I was wondering b/c I am going to do another compression check. I have been known to run a coon once a time or two in my life but never actually hunted one.....lol
Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
ezhan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hay coondog I fixed mine today!! my ezgo would lose power then run fine then it just quit.I worked on till I was about to run deer. I check all my wires and may egniter wire looked bad put a new one on it and it runs like new. weak egniter wires may couse your coil to put out weak spark = weak power you mite look in to that. PS My hounds run them coon but sometimes I run those hounds .....lol
ezhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #6
coondog
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhan View Post
Hay coondog I fixed mine today!! my ezgo would lose power then run fine then it just quit.I worked on till I was about to run deer. I check all my wires and may egniter wire looked bad put a new one on it and it runs like new. weak egniter wires may couse your coil to put out weak spark = weak power you mite look in to that. PS My hounds run them coon but sometimes I run those hounds .....lol
I already checked the wiring and even replaced a couple of them. That did not help. Basically what it seems like is I don't have enough power. I drove one that like mine and it would lug over hills and so forth. Mine when going over the same trail will not hardly go up a hill, I can be running full speed on a straight away and by the time I make it up the hill I am barely going. The on straight aways it speeds back up. THanks thou for the input.

My motto: it is easy to run a coon, but it takes a true dog to catch one.....lol
Old 05-02-2009, 07:27 AM   #7
yellowhorse7
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
Anyone know what the acceptable compressions before needing a rebuild and after a rebuild is on a Robin 244 PG2 engine is?
Where can I find parts or used/rebuilt engines at a good price?

Thanks
Service manual says anything less than 100 needs a rebuild. BUT....whoever wrote the service manual needs to take a note from the automobile industry. Poor quality imo. But it seems that most guys here prefer 115 and above. Make sure you test it in both forward and reverse.
yellowhorse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhorse7 View Post
Service manual says anything less than 100 needs a rebuild. BUT....whoever wrote the service manual needs to take a note from the automobile industry. Poor quality imo.
I don't really understand this one either, what's wrong should be different with the manual? pour quality.... maybe, but how?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #9
yellowhorse7
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Schematics are slightly off. Diagrams don't match the narrative. The narrative itself should have been written by a tech.....maybe it was but the attention to detail needed to be better. This is a SERVICE manual not a Haynes DIY manual. I realize that qualified techs or even strong back yard mechanics will have no problem with the manual (myself included) because they have the skill set to overcome the errors . I just feel that it is lacking in certain areas. Is it good enough to get most any job done......yes it is. It is just my opinion. That don't really matter much
yellowhorse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #10
Vix
Not Yet Wild

Make friends with your local cart shop. I was able to get the complete engine kit including crank, rod, cylinder, piston, rings, and all the gaskets for $300. Way cheaper than anything I could find on the web. Of coarse that was his cost, but I have helped him sell around 15 carts to the golf course I work for. so he cuts me a hell of a deal.

Vix
Vix is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO