lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2022, 05:58 PM   #1
kabinski
Not Yet Wild

Default 2Five Camber Adjustment???

The camber is off on my 2019 2Five. Negative camber on both sides. 3/4” on driver side and 1/4” on passenger side. However, I don’t see any way to adjust it. The shop manual doesn’t show anything, either. It only shows how to adjust alignment. Quick measurement shows my alignment is off, as well. Current alignment is toe-in, with tire centerline measurement at the rear about 3/8” greater than centerline measurement at the front.

I plan on yanking the wheels this weekend and at least adjust the alignment. Any thoughts on my camber issue? If there’s no way to adjust, what can I do? What might the cause be? Will adjusting the alignment possibly fix the camber issue?

For what it’s worth, tires are 215/40/12 (18.8” diameter) on your run of the mill aluminum wheel. Just thought I’d get some feedback from all the experts on here before I start turning wrenches this weekend. Thanks
kabinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2022, 07:27 PM   #2
kabinski
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2Five Camber Adjustment???

After searching some more, sounds like it could be my hub or spindle bushings. I also read that when someone with a TXT corrected their toe-in, it changed and improved their camber. Hopefully that will do the trick.

In regards to the bushings, with about 3,000 miles on the ODO, how likely is it they are that worn?
Old 03-11-2022, 05:19 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Lift the carts front side off the ground, wiggle the front wheels with your hands at 6/12 o'clock position. Typical would be some play at the king pin / spindle. I've solved this with an additional washer ( 1mm thick ) on each side.
The RXV/2five's came allready from the factory with some play built in
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 08:05 PM   #4
kabinski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Lift the carts front side off the ground, wiggle the front wheels with your hands at 6/12 o'clock position. Typical would be some play at the king pin / spindle. I've solved this with an additional washer ( 1mm thick ) on each side.
The RXV/2five's came allready from the factory with some play built in
Thanks for the tips, ojo
Old 03-12-2022, 05:02 AM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ps.
Toe/camber affect each other, so adjusting toe-in would be not bad also.
Old 03-12-2022, 05:50 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

FyI. Changing toe does not affect camber, but changing camber will require toe adjustment.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:05 AM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think you're right, did it some years ago on my Chevy truck ( custom neg. camber setting )
Old 03-12-2022, 11:16 AM   #8
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Like mentioned check for slop in wheels and steering linkage(tie rod ends,ect)
Loose wheel bearing will cause camber issues , more likely to show when having larger wheels.

I just corrected camber issue on my txt recently. The major play in front end was from the king pins. Solution was to replace the king pin bushings with new bushings along with new bolts . Also had to add a thin shim (washer) to bottom of king pin to remove slight up/down movement.
Did toe alignment all good.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:37 PM   #9
kabinski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Like mentioned check for slop in wheels and steering linkage(tie rod ends,ect)
Loose wheel bearing will cause camber issues , more likely to show when having larger wheels.

I just corrected camber issue on my txt recently. The major play in front end was from the king pins. Solution was to replace the king pin bushings with new bushings along with new bolts . Also had to add a thin shim (washer) to bottom of king pin to remove slight up/down movement.
Did toe alignment all good.
Thank you

I just shot a couple videos checking for wheel slop. Does this look like excessive play to you? I’ve read that some play is normal, but I’m not sure how much is “too much”. If you have a chance, please tell me what you think.

Driver side… https://youtube.com/shorts/LvygSoBLteM?feature=share

Passenger side… https://youtube.com/shorts/8llLRTnW4do?feature=share
Old 03-13-2022, 07:30 PM   #10
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

See comments on other post 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO