lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2022, 01:08 AM   #1
Jenso00
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Navitas Extreme Team Lithium

1st time poster. Been lurking for awhile though. The 5V out of my Danaher On my 2010 RXV quit working. I tore everything apart trying to diagnose it myself. Ended up running it to the shop to have computer plugged in. They wanted 2k to swap it over to a Curtis. I paid them the hour labor and took it on myself. Found a Navitas 600a for $830. My 8 year old battery’s also finally were done. Pulled the trigger on the Extreme Team 100AH pack. That’s the background so I guess my question starts here. I have seen a few ppl say lithium’s will just stop with too much amp draw. My amp discharge is 350 peak and 200 continuous. Am I going to have an issue running that 600a Navitas with this pack. I’m close to having everything done to try it but waiting for the weather to warm so I can try it out. Thanks
Jenso00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2022, 05:51 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Navitas Extreme Team Lithium

Good decision! The max discharge rate is adjustable in the Navitas app... If the lithium battery shuts down while driving, it will cause the motor/parking brake to engage. Not funny i guss and not good for the brake.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 07:43 AM   #3
Jenso00
Not Yet Wild

So when I get the app rolling and connected to the battery I should set my max discharge rate to like 175 or something of that nature? If the battery specs say 200 continuous?
Old 03-12-2022, 09:05 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not an lithium expert, so don't want to say something wrong. My Navitas was set to 200 when it came in and i guess that value is save for lithium carts also. But as said, the RXV is a bit special ( fully computerized cart ), when the battery shuts down, the brake will lock up. Someone on here wrote, the RXV isn't ideal for a lithium setup. For sure it'll be difficult to use the full capability of a 600amp controller.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:26 AM   #5
Jenso00
Not Yet Wild

Interesting since EZGO makes new lithium RXV’s with less capable batteries. Albeit stock controller. Hopefully someone with some more knowledge or similar set up will chime in. Thanks
Old 03-12-2022, 09:42 AM   #6
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenso00 View Post
Interesting since EZGO makes new lithium RXV’s with less capable batteries. Albeit stock controller. Hopefully someone with some more knowledge or similar set up will chime in. Thanks
Just a guess but they probably have the max output of the controller set below the battery cut off.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:22 AM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I second that... and a stock golfcart set to 15 mph will not get in trouble that fast.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:27 AM   #8
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Keep in mind this isn't a controller problem. The lithium pack you have can't put out enough amps the controller is calling for and the BMS just shuts down. Buy a pack that can put out enough amps for what you're wanting to do with your cart. You won't have any problems then. Most guys having problems are in hilly terrain where the controller is needing a lot more amps going up the hills.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 11:41 AM   #9
4wealn
Not Yet Wild

I have an 08 RXV with the Navitas 600a controller. I am looking at going to lithium and I called them to inquire. They told me the best battery for their controller and lithium is Relion and that you would need a min of 105 amp hours to get full value out of their controller. Each Relion is rated at 30 amp hours so you would need 4 of them for a total of 120 amp hours. If you check out their specs, their peak is really high. The Navitas app has a spot where you can pick what type of battery you have and Navitas has a drop down menu where you can pick they battery company like Relion, RoyPow, etc.
Navitas told me that there would be no problems. The biggest thing is you need litium batteries that will be able to take a charge from the regen system or there will be issues.
Obviously looks like you have purchased lithium batteries already but if you have not just something to think about. Also, give Navitas a call, they are really helpful and can guide you through how to setup the controller.
4wealn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 12:28 PM   #10
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wealn View Post
Each Relion is rated at 30 amp hours so you would need 4 of them for a total of 120 amp hours.

Relion 48v / GC2? Not bad, but you'll have 4 BMS in total and that isn't recommended
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO