lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
hjjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2000 EZGO Lights

Ok guys, I'm a novice at carts and this is my first post so help me out here. I have a 2000 EZGO that I want to put some kind of headlights on. My question is what kind is best (factory lights or any kind of 12v lights)? and do I need to add a voltage regulator or anything to make the lights work with the 36v system.
Thanks for any help/advise you can give me.
hjjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
webster
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 EZGO Lights

Depends on whether you want to just mount the lights somewhere on the front or do you want a finshed look where you have to cut the body. And really you don't have to have a voltage reducer for 12 volt accessories, just use one pos and neg where you have 12 volts on the pack. Check with the site sponsors for light kits.
webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
hjjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok great. Thanks for your help webster.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Actually cheap 50w driving lights are available at any auto parts house for $20. Bend up a couple of 'L' brackets for mounts. Bolt to the front plastic panel mount bolts ( down low) and provide a toggle switch and power......... now, the question of whether or not you need a voltage converter really depends upon how much you use the lights......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
hjjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks scottyb. I probably won't use the light except for going to and from my stand. Maybe 15 or 20 minutes at a time.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a voltage reducer. I use my cart as a hunting buggy too. I got some cheap fog lights from wally world for around $20 bucks. They came with the 55w H3 bulb. Honda has a 15w H3 bulb that is used in their Goldwing motorcycles. I replaced the 55w bulbs with the 15w. I still have PLENTY of driving light at night and draw much less power.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
kyroger
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought a light kit from Guf Coast Golf, took about an hour and a half to cut the holes front and back and run the wires. IMO it's worth the time. $79 with free shipping. Custom molded for your body style.
kyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #8
bad baja
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just did what Scotty said and they work great! I will post some pics., I made mine a little custom look though.
bad baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO