lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2011, 05:16 AM   #31
kriegtb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 Marathon jerky at slow speed.

I have checked each battery with a load tester, adjusted the pot box to max out at 5.4k (per Scotty), and checked all other connections and switches. It looks like I am going to have to call it a controller issue.

Now the decision. Replace it another Curtis 1204 or go with a 400A upgrade. Any suggestions on an upgrade unit? Would I need to replace the F/R switch to go with a 400A unit? I already have the PQ bandit motor upgrade, HD solenoid, and 4GA wires. I already have a lot of money in the resto. Not sure I want to spend another $500.
kriegtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #32
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

hd fnr and solenoid are always good if you are adding more amps. scotty has the parts for the fnr that you can use to upgrade if the board hasn't been melted. i think with a plum motor you will appreciate a larger controller also.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #33
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

bite the bullet and get the larger controller, it's well worth the extra $$.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #34
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So even if you kept the pot to 5k it still bucked or blipped at full throttle? Just for grins try it at 4500 ohms max...... Email or pm me for some great deals on controller kits. Free shipping on Alltrax packages.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #35
kriegtb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Set the pot to 4.5k max. Same issue. When the voltage hits about 32-33V it starts clipping and boucing between 24-33V. Looks like its time for a new controller.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #36
kriegtb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Problem solved!! New Altraxx AXE400 controller from scottyb solved the problem. Also upgraded F&R switch to HD type. Got much improved torque and speed around 20mph with PQ Bandit upgrade motor. Thanks to all for your help. Now my project is nearly complete. Only thing left now is a new rack and pinion gear for the steering.

Even though the motor upgrade wasn't the problem and may not have been necessary, it was definately worth the money. Now with the new controller, HD solenoid and fnr, and 4ga cables, I should be good to go for a while.

I posted an album called 94 Marathon Resto for anyone interested.

Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO