lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Thumbs up 2006 Star

This Star has the 1268 Curtis controller. My testing has revealed the Main solenoid is not working...further testing shows the ground wire going to one of the small terminals on the Main solenoid is dead. Looking at the wiring info and text for the Curtis 1268 controller it shows a wire coming from the small wire output to the Main solenoid but I can't tell if it's a pos. output or a neg. output. I don't want to over-ride some type of safety system. I am thinking about putting a direct ground wire from battery negative to the Main solenoid just to if it makes everything work. All of my 12v accessories are working and the reverse beeper works...so I don't think I have a bad controller. Is there any other tests I should be doing? Is there somewhere you can send the controller to have it tested? I can't find a repair manual or factory wiring print anywhere...all the wires are both color coded and have little number rings on them...so a good factory wiring print that would show that info would be wonderful. Any help would be great...I am working on this for a friend. Thanks!
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: 2006 Star

Well 31 views and ZERO responses...there must be somebody out there that can help...??
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
won't run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts