lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2015, 05:13 AM   #1
overturf
Not Yet Wild

Default Stealth Patriot 4X4 -- barely crawls up any incline

I have a 2009 Stealth Patriot 4X4. It had the original motor replaced with "a blue one" under warranty. The vehicle has worked great for many years. Lately, it is having a serious problem climbing much of any hill at all. if you back off of the accelerator about 20%, it will slowly crawl up a hill. If you push harder on the accelerator, it will make a "grunting" noise and not move at all. I've checked the batteries and I'm good there. Is all that is left to be the problem, the electric motor? Thanks.
overturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
bentrader
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stealth Patriot 4X4 -- barely crawls up any incline

How did you check the batteries? I use a meter to check. I stall out the cart against a wall and monitor the battery, check voltage and then slowly press petal, if it is bad the voltage will sharply fall or even reverse if bad. All batteries will drop a little but you should be able to see a difference on the bad one.
bentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #3
overturf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stealth Patriot 4X4 -- barely crawls up any incline

Yep. Bad batteries. Thank you for the reply. They would test good until you put a load on them. Then, the bad boys would show up. Good advice for all.
overturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts