lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
gixxerman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Question Muffler and Electrical questions for TXT in a Flood

Hi All. New member here. Some back story for a few questions. I just had a 2004 TXT given to me that was in a little flood. Not much damage and the cart is in great shape. I took it all apart and cleaned everything up. The engine was turned over after the flood and the oil was drained. When i got it the motor would not turn over. I put Marvel Mystery Oil with some ATF Fluid on top of the cylinders, and after 5 days it broke free. After that i cleaned the top end out with some kero and diesel cleaner.

1. I did not think about the fact that when i rolled the engine over it was sending all that crap into the muffler. When i took it off, you can hear it slosh around in there. I was able to get alot out, but theres still some in there. Should i get a new one or try to repair it somehow.

2. I got a new starter/gen and a battery, but i am getting nothing. I am thinking the solenoid is bad, but not sure if it could be something else. How would you guys work your way to check where the problem is.

Thanks in advance!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2015, 07:29 PM   #2
loflyer2880
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Muffler and Electrical questions for TXT in a Flood

Before you resort to drilling a hole in there and draining it that way. Have you tried my favorite tool the leaf blower? I once rolled a skunk out of my garage with one. Well that and Krokus "Long stick goes boom" cranked to 11. Because mine go to 11.
loflyer2880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
gixxerman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I used my air compressor to get some out. I have a leaf blower, could give that a try too. Ive thought about drilling a small hole in it and then welding it back up. I believe there are only baffles in there; no packing? If so it should not be too big a deal.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:45 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Since it was in a flood, every single electrical connection needs to be taken apart, and cleaned.
If it was me, I would even open up the microswitches for cleaning.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:28 PM   #5
gixxerman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So i have tested the key switch... That works.
I put in a new solenoid and replaced any bad connectors...it meters correct.
I put in a new starter and new battery. Nothing.

Anyone think it could be the switch in the pedal? I hear that clicking but dk if that means anything. I was thinking i could run a jumper from the key switch to the solenoid to see if that could be it. Not sure what else could stop it from spinning the starter.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:37 PM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Double check this schematic against your wiring. Sounds like something is not telling the solenoid to close. With the key on, jump the 2 large terminals on the solenoid. If it turns over then the problem is between the key/pedal and the solenoid. That is assuming there is power to the key switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg txt wiring-page-0.jpg (77.0 KB, 0 views)
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:21 PM   #7
gixxerman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
Double check this schematic against your wiring. Sounds like something is not telling the solenoid to close. With the key on, jump the 2 large terminals on the solenoid. If it turns over then the problem is between the key/pedal and the solenoid. That is assuming there is power to the key switch.
Thanks! That got it to turn over. So it must be in the pedal switch. Do i access that from under the frame or on top of it.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #8
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

from the top under the floor mat their is a plastic box with 4 screws than need to be pulled out and then you have to pry the box open carefully and the microswitch will be in their probably filled with muck
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:20 AM   #9
gixxerman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I put in a new pedal microswitch, and still nothing. There is power to the switch, the switch works, i jumped terminals and the starter engages. Not quite sure where else to look. I HATE electrical issues lol.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:01 PM   #10
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok so you jumped the posts on the solenoid basically bypassing all the switches , so what you need to determine is from the switches to the small solenoid posts are you getting 12 v from the switchs to there to activate the solenoid.. if your getting 12v to the small posts on the solenoid and the cart is not turning over you have a bad solenoid or it is not properly grounded to the mount
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO