lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2015, 02:38 PM   #11
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: New to me EZgo Shuttle Speed

Ok folks,

I was at the camp this past weekend and was able to get the voltages off of my batteries after a charge. Note that it was cold this weekend. The air temperature was about 40 when these readings were taken:

Batt 1 = 6.48 v
Batt 2 = 6.44 v
Batt 3 = 6.48 v
Batt 4 = 6.46 v
Batt 5 = 6.48 v
Batt 6 = 6.43 v

Pack = 38.72

A note, it is now going slower than it did previously. Real slow, perhaps 3-4 mph. Still, I drove it for 10-15 mins to check for any warm components. The motor got warm as expected but checking other components (controller, solenoid, F/R switch) revealed that only the back of the F/R lever had just a touch of warmth to it. Not much and nowhere near as warm as the motor though. The cart works in each direction, just slow, so I think that this is probably not an issue.

One interesting item of note: You'll see in the pick of the key switch area that there is an old school charge indicator. When I first got the cart this meter worked. It showed good full charge. When you hit the accelerator though, the meter would drop down to no charge, then go back to full green when then the accelerator was released. It has since stopped working altogether. Still, the batteries measure out good so that's probably not related. I thought I would still throw it out there should it mean anything to anyone though

I have attached some pics of the primary components. As you can see, the wiring on this cart is clean, in great shape, and tight.

Anyone have any thoughts? Any way to test from component to component to find the issue? Again, given the new batteries and new charger I am probably a bit ahead of the game on this cart financially. I am not afraid to throw some money at it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151017_144222.jpg (128.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151017_144252.jpg (109.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151017_144310.jpg (66.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151017_144356.jpg (153.4 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2015, 07:43 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Try to check out that meter to get it working again, it will be a very valuable tool. The only reason i dont sell more of those, is that people dont understand them (and dont want to, when they have a "10-led" meter to tell them half truths or outright lies, they also dont want to know why the "10-led" meter is not serving them well as that might involve new batteries and possibly a Dc/dc convertor $$$ , they want the cart to "go" no matter what). If your voltage is dropping as drastically as was indicated by the meter, when it was working, thats a big problem.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:43 AM   #13
Lochlin
Gone Wild

That meter was definitely going from full charge to just about no charge when the accelerator was pushed. This wasn't a one time deal either. It was consistent.

What type of big problem could this indicate? Bad controller? Bad motor? Again, I am planning on upgrading these things anyway. In looking at the wiring schematic there aren't a ton of components there.

I am planning to get that meter it just seems as if I should get the cart running right first. No sense in having a working meter on a non-working cart.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The meter can help you find problems now, and see them in the future.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #15
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Got it. Should I be concerned with putting a new meter in there only to have an inherent problem in the cart ruin it? Anything else I should be checking at the same time?

Normally, I just start replacing stuff from least to most expensive. If I replace something and it fixes the issue then great.. If not I now have a spare part and move on to the next thing.

As of right now I am going to order a charge meter and a solenoid even though I doubt the solenoid is the issue as the cart does run, just slow. Again, if that's not it I have a spare solenoid and cross that off the list of suspects.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:15 AM   #16
BigMac27
Not Yet Wild

Just purchased an old PCX-956.
Plan on giving it a total over-haul.
Dead batteries l, bad F/R switch, lots of work.
Anyone happen to have a manual? Have had a hard time
Locating one. It is a 95.
BigMac27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:05 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is the service manual for it.
I also attached a parts manual that may be useful, but not exact match.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:40 AM   #18
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Hey BigMac.

I think I posted some updates in other threads if you want to give those a looksie. I went ahead and did the 48v conversion on my shuttle. I ended up not adding two additional batteries and went with (6) 8v ones instead. I wanted to keep the area under the rear seat to mount a cooler. I actually just completed this cooler mount this past weekend and it came out great. You lift up the rear seat and, voila, there are plenty of beverages for the taking.

I spent some coin on this project but the results were incredible. Cart now does about 15 mph which is actually very good for something that weighs 1600 pounds not including riders. I couldn't be happier with it.

These shuttles are head turners for sure. I have had a lot of people ask me about mine and have even received a few offers for it.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:16 AM   #19
chipper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just picked up one of these as well but need help deciphering the serial number plate. The pertinent data is stamped but the labeling is gone. Can anyone tell me what these numbers are? The model reads PCX-952 but the body style looks to be a PCX-956. I think it's a '95 model. Any and all help is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Serial Plate 1.jpg (172.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Shuttle.JPG (124.3 KB, 0 views)
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:22 AM   #20
chipper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The numbers on the serial plate read left to right, top down:

1290 586
840 382
2000 909
PCX-952 36
450 205
UL15160
E0795
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO