lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
jperry1974
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 Precedent 9pin Connector

I have a 2009 48v precedent. I purchased an aftermarket light kit. everything points to the 12 pin connector wire harness, problem is my factory wire harness is a 9 pin. the light kit manuf says there should be a 12 pin.
jperry1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Precedent 9pin Connector

The 2009 Precedent, unlike the older models, does not come from factory with a "bucket harness".

The light kits sold as a 2008.5+ Precedent usually include the bucket harness, but you can purchase it separately as well:
https://www.golfcartking.com/club-ca...sJvRoCXqXw_wcB
Welcome to the site!
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:06 PM   #3
jperry1974
Not Yet Wild

Sergio,

the kit I ordered came with what I assume to be the bucket harness, but it says to connect the 12pin in the harness to the factory 12 pin. so I just need to order this item you pointed out which I assume take my factory 9 pin to a 12pin. thanks for you help.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:09 PM   #4
jperry1974
Not Yet Wild

GCL-CCP-BUCKHAR Bucket Harness

this is the part number for the bucket harness that was sent to me
Old 04-25-2016, 02:27 PM   #5
jperry1974
Not Yet Wild

called the light manuf technical support. per the tech guy my kit has the bucket harness. he says that this kit basically does away with the factory 9 pin harness which is not used anymore. does this make any sense? I finally got some better instructions so I am going to try and hook this thing up again, but basically said this kit is independent from the factory harness.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The bucket harness brings the full +48v (Blue wire), if You mount a DC-DC converter up front, or the reduced +12v, +16v from the battery compartment to the front of the cart.

It also brings the negative (10ga black wire with bullet connector) from Controller B- to the front of the cart. This is mandatory if You are using the OBC to charge the cart.

The bucket harness also has the taillight wires as well as wires to be routed to the pedal group for the optional brake switch.

It does not replace the existing short harness that is located behind the dash.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #7
jperry1974
Not Yet Wild

oh my, I am so in over my head now. so I need the madjax bucket harness & a voltage reducer?
Old 01-11-2022, 08:00 PM   #8
Hwatsky
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to revive an old thread, but having the same issue.

2009 Club Car Precedent

I have a bucket harness (for the taillights) that is supposed to connect to a 12-pin connector behind the dash.

Behind the dash, all I have is a 9 pin connector. (Part #102510001 Ip Control Harness, with 9-pin connector cap.) This connects to another 9-pin that runs back under the floors down to the battery area, which at the point of connection to the IP control harness has the grey single wire w/ bullet connector coming out of it, so I'm assuming this is what should be converted to a 12-pin.

I also purchased a headlight kit which came with a front wiring harness (for the headlight) and a voltage reducer (SEE AMAZON LINK BELOW - UNFORTUNATELY CAN'T POST PHOTOS BECAUSE I'M TOO NEW). The front wiring harness has 2 9-pin connectors in a "Y" shape. One if the 9-pin connectors goes to the factory 9 pin harness that is connected to the key switch, reverse buzzer, battery light indicator, etc. The other 9 pin connector goes to that factory 9-pin connector coming up from the batteries/computer etc.

QUESTION: Do I need a 9-pin to 12-pin connector in order to connect my bucket harness to this front harness??

Thanks everyone in advance. Brand new to this, and very much a "man, I can figure it out" person. But this has me stumped!

Link to my front headlight wiring harness (and voltage reducer):

"Club Car Precedent Led Head Light with Bumper Replacement or Upgrade for 2004-UP Electric Golf Carts" on amazon

I'd much rather support a sponsor if they can put together a package of everything I need to have the front and taillights both work without needing to purchase other converters & run into these same issues - so lmk!
Hwatsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:00 AM   #9
Hwatsky
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
It does not replace the existing short harness that is located behind the dash.
Ok I think I’m on to something here. Maybe the bucket harness connects to the new headlight harness (the one connected to the voltage reducer and SPST) and the 9 pin that was originally coming from the battery area stays connected to the same 9 pin it was connected to before (Aka before I ripped this thing apart).

New theory: the smaller harness that came with my HEADLIGHT kit (6pin to lights, two 9pins, connecter to SPDT, and voltage reducer) isn’t made for buggies that you’re also connecting a bucket too.

Sad thing is, I can make everything work with about 25’ of loose 14AWG and 50-100 pigtails. But these GOSH DARN PLUG AND PLAYS ARENT AS PLUGGY OR PLAYFUL AS I WAS HOPING!
Old 01-18-2022, 03:59 AM   #10
Hwatsky
Not Yet Wild

Bump
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car