lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2016, 10:24 PM   #1
londontown
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 ezgo marathon driven clutch bolt broke

I have a 90 Marathon 2 stroke. This weekend while drive it the bolt that holds the driven clutch on broke I was able to get the clutch off the bolt is broken inside the shaft of the pinion. I drilled it out nice and straight used heat and lube and an easy out. It will not come free. Has anyone ever had luck drilling it out and putting a new bolt in? Any suggestions would be great thanks.
londontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2016, 08:57 PM   #2
Johnnyrock
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 ezgo marathon driven clutch bolt broke

I destroyed my bolt this past weekend when I tried to use a puller on the bolt and it basically stripped the bolt and ruined the threads on the inside. I tapped the threads and bought a new 5/16 bolt 4 inches long. I would think if you pull the tranny and drill it slowly using a drill press you'd be okay. This bolt isn't supposed to be tightened too much and yours probably was.
Johnnyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO