lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2016, 09:03 AM   #1
g-16a
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas in oil

When I change the oil in my Yamaha G-16A I find that it contains gasoline. It's been doing this for several years. I've changed carbs. in the past, and had it serviced by a Yamaha dealer several times. Problem persists.

I need to choke it whenever restarting, after brief stops (at the mail box, etc.). Could this be causing the gas in oil situation?

Yesterday I installed a rebuilt fuel pump, and checked the hoses for leaks. None found. I still need to choke it as above.

How do I resolve?
g-16a is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2016, 08:13 PM   #2
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Default Re: Gas in oil

I guess you could try a fuel shut off valve

Maybe let it run until choke is no longer needed
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:06 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you only use it for very short trips, fuel dilution of the oil is a unavoidable side effect in a carbureted system. The engine never gets the ability to burn off the fuel in the oil if only used for short trips with lots of choke use.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #4
g-16a
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your replies.

Do you have any idea why the cart needs to be choked every time before starting?
Old 12-08-2016, 04:49 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-16a View Post
Thanks for your replies.

Do you have any idea why the cart needs to be choked every time before starting?
First thought is a vacuum leak. Have to choke it to overcome the unmetered air being sucked in someplace. Carburetor base gaskets and the isolator / spacer are often the culprit on those Yami's. The spacer can crack if it gets tightened down "too tight". Replacing the carb wouldn't help because you probably used the same spacer.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #6
cfherrman
Gone Wild

spray starter fluid on the spacer while its running and if it revs up you have a leak.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:54 AM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

You have an issue if you have to choke it every time you start it. Air leak of some sort, too much air not enough fuel. Usually a good check of the system and you will find the issue. As stated, manifold, gaskets etc would be the starting point
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:33 AM   #8
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Air box condition
Old 12-14-2016, 11:41 AM   #9
g-16a
Not Yet Wild

]I'd like to remove the Air cleaner box to inspect the carb for leaks. I've never removed the box (others have done the carb work for me). I understand that the box is retained by two bolts at the rear (as shown in the attached photos), and two nuts on the manifold. Does anyone have a photo showing the location of these two nuts?

Thanks - Bill
Air cleaner - top.jpg
Old 12-14-2016, 11:57 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Reach around the front right corner of the box (where the hole for air is). You will find them on the outside of the elbow on the carb, they are 12mm.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas in oil
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha