lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
bluesfan68
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 G16 Jakes Power kit issue

So, I installed the power kit no problems . Real easy install . I only installed cause of the lack of power climbing hills with it since its lifted with big tires and wheels. Now after a bit of use ( 1-2 hrs if that ) I get this loud rattling noise from the secondary sheeve area when I go more than half way on the pedal. Did I over grease and its slipping a little causing this noise ? If I throw it in neutral and look at it as I press on the gas pedal it almost looks like its slipping just a little . The belt is riding correctly (Its new ) and I just cant figure out where the issue is. Thinking about pulling it all down , cleaning it from any grease and redoing it. Hopefully that will correct it , unless anyone has any suggestions. Much appreciated.
bluesfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
cartpartsplusman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 99 G16 Jakes Power kit issue

Noise usually means bushing in the movable sheave is loose, should be no play in bushings without the spring on also check snap ring if you still have it it needs the splined spacer with no snap ring.
cartpartsplusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:41 AM   #3
bluesfan68
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for replying Carts. Snap ring was removed during installation , I will check the bushing on the movable sheeve when I take it off.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Doesn't the Jakes kit come with a new sliding sheave? Remove the belt and check the input shaft for play--up and down. The shaft bearing may be bad.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #5
bluesfan68
Not Yet Wild

Yep, comes with the sliding sheeve. I will check the shaft as well. Hopefully get to this Friday . Thanks for advice.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:45 PM   #6
duramax
Gone Wild

yeah my input shaft bearing was my noise maker. not exactly fun to replace
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha