lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2016, 07:47 AM   #1
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Starting issues with G2/G9

I am asking this question for a fellow campground friend.. we had a small Xmas party over the weekend, and a campground buddy was asking me about his yamaha cart.. I am not sure if the cart is a G2 or G9.. I don't think it matters for the question. He says that the cart won't start when pressing down on the pedal, only after several attempts of pressing the gas pedal that the cart will start and take off. I'm not totally sure what the ignitor does, but that is what I said it sounds like to me..anyone have any clues on what this issue could be? Thanks
maxim1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2016, 08:29 AM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Starting issues with G2/G9

well if it takes a few pushes of the pedal to get it going, there is a change the starter belt is not tight enough and it's slipping. That is the easiest thing to examine first
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:44 PM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This symptom seems to come up a lot here and some of the culprits are weak/discharged battery or corroded/poor high current battery connections. I have also seen posts where the crimp connection between the battery cable and the terminal became corroded and caused this problem. I personally had this problem and discovered that my battery terminal had a hairline crack in it. (No amount of wrenching would give a solid connection to the battery). Replacing that terminal corrected the problem. I have also seen posts where worn starter/gen brushes caused the problem. Also slipping belt, as mentioned by yamahaguy. Pick the easiest/cheapest items to begin troubleshooting . - Hope this helps - RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 12-12-2016 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: add
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

thanks yamahaguy and Bigstik.. I'm sure when winter leaves us and spring arrives he will have me looking at his cart. He has already told me he's not mechanical inclined..
Old 12-14-2016, 12:23 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

So it "cranks, but does not start"? Or a delay before it starts to" crank"?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:13 PM   #6
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I am not totally sure on that.. he was just telling me about it last weekend.. steps on the pedal and nothing..does that a few times and wham it takes off.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha