lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2016, 12:16 PM   #1
Unit1759
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Carb adjustment after Govenor bypass

Need some help, after bypassing the governor on my Yamaha G9, carburetor has a lot of hiccups when pushing down on the gas pedal. Adjusted mixing valve 1-1/2 turns already. Also any help with eliminating the stock intake box to a cone filter or pod. Thanks in advance
Unit1759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2016, 12:55 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Carb adjustment after Govenor bypass

Adjusting the cable when bypassing the governor can be really tricky and fiddly on these carts, You want to make sure that as you push the pedal, the microswitch engages the starter *before* the carb actually starts to open or You'll get the hiccups, bucking, etc
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

And if you must be rid of the air box, a new jet for carb will be needed to richen up the mix with the added air. Which jet you may ask? Someone may have a suggestion, but it will be up to you to test & figure out based on plug readings. It will likely run horrible without a jet change (I couldn't even drive mine around the block, so I put the stock airbox back on).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I played with the airbox on mine the only thing that made a difference was taking off the silencer its the part over the generator. Nothing else did anything including no airbox on the hose. I did have to richen the carb just hog the main out with a torch tip cleaner or get a $10 jet drill set off amazon. Enlarge until it runs ok then check your plug. I also moved the pedal up a notch on the splines to get more travel. I set it so the top of the pedal moves about 1" from start to when the carb starts to move, and can get WOT with stock carb, clone carb, and now a 32mm CV carb is on it but I need a new cable with a different end to make it work right. Bought one no time to install it yet.

IMO the huge stock filter is better than a cone filter, but around here it can get really dusty at times so its an issue. With the clone I put a car airbox on and PVC piped it to under the front cowl to avoid all that dust under there.

The idle mix will only affect about 0-15% throttle opening. I also set mine to idle with the pedal switch on, idle very slow just faster than the gen spins it. It starts better that way and I can idle the cart with 1" pedal travel if I want to hold my foot on pedal.

You can remove the carb and take the main out (now is good time to clean carb), hog it a little larger, install but leave the main hand tight. In the cart you can get the bowl off with a 10mm wrench and screwdriver the jet out to enlarge it more without removing the carb. When done tighten the main pretty good but it is usually too tight to get it out in the cart the first time. Make sure you don't over tighten the carb bolts to the head spacer you will crack it!
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:41 PM   #5
Unit1759
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

If I take it slow it runs smooth to a certain point almost as there is a vacuum leak. Checked for leaks and found none. Feels like it's not getting enough air.
Unit1759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:49 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If the main is lean, usually the issue if you increase air flow, then it will often run ok to about half throttle. Beyond that it will want to miss and cut out, unless you put the choke on part way then it takes off and goes. It will also like to foul plugs really fast.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha