lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2016, 09:08 PM   #1
hertge
Not Yet Wild

Default little out of control

2015 stock g29 with the governor turned about 3/4. When I get up to top speed the front end feels a little light and out of control, especially when passengers on the back. I have the red heavy duty springs installed. Is there any front end adjustments to help the steering. Feel like I'm all over the road.
hertge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
BigShowDuramax
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: little out of control

I can't help with this problem but I am very interested in possible solutions. I have the same problem on my '13 Yamaha. The only solutions I have heard so far were to put weight on the front end, under the cowl I assume. I don't really want to do this but it seems like it might be the only solution as of yet.
BigShowDuramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:00 PM   #3
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Check front end alignment
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:14 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is a common issue with many Yamaha's, I think since the G14. The seats are further back on the chassis, which is what gives them so much more leg room (any of you taller drivers KNOW what I'm talking about). The down side is when you add a rear seat, that is even further back, and you have almost all that weight added behind the rear wheels. I commonly see these carts going around even fairly slow curves and corners with the inside front tire lifting off the ground! The bigger the people on the back, the worse the problem. I can't begin to suggest how much weight would need to be added to the front to counteract it, but I can guarantee it gets light in the front end with people on the back. While it might help to compensate for the angle changes as the front end goes into suspension drop, I'm not sure any amount of alignment tweaking will really cure it
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:23 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Best you can do is set the toe in, you have to loosen up the lock nuts on the tie rods usually. The way I did it is get on a deserted road or paved drive that is straight and run it. If you have too much toe (tires turning in at each other) it will feel darty and nervous, it will steer faster. If you have toe out it will feel vague and wander and have sluggish response to changes in steering.

If you have it way off one way or the other it will scrub your tires and wear them fast on hard surfaces. It will usually turn if just driver and you slide across seat because your weight will make that front tire be the dominant one. For example if its toe way out and you do that each tire turns outward, what ever side of cart you slide to it will turn that way on a road with steering not moving.

So I kept moving them a little until it drove calm but turns when you move the wheel, its likely tiny toe in or none I would guess. You can also center your wheel when you do this, but make sure you turn both directions all the way and your center should be half that many turns to center either way.....to make sure the steering box is in the center too.

Far as the rear seat they all do that to a point. I have a dump box and when I fill it with sand or wood I do not go fast, the rear of the cart is way too heavy. I can lift the front by hand when empty so I know the front is light to start with. It would be nice to move the battery up front but not really enough room, it might help a little. Full load of sand and I can gas it and do big wheelies, but the tires hit the body and afraid of damaging the rear so I go slow.

You might put a hitch on the front and hook a weight in when you have visitors to ride on the back, if its not a daily thing. A good alignment should get you going good with no back seat riders, but its still going to be top heavy/rear heavy with them so not sure how it will do. But better toe will help with just two people no doubt I would try that first.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha