lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
Sweet2000EZGO
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 ParCar died on my daughter. Advice?

Have a '99 parcar 36V. New batteries, good cables. I dont know a whole lot about these. We use it at our campground. My 14 yr old daughter had it put last weekend and in the middle of driving, she lost power and we had it towed back. Used a meter to test the cables. We got 37.7V so all was well there. I dont know the schematics of the electrical system so I dont know how to test anything else. Anybody else ran into this? Just hoping maybe somebody will have some advice. It will be a long summer for the kids without their cart. Thanks in advance.
Sweet2000EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 1999 ParCar died on my daughter. Advice?

Grab the 96-2000 parts and service manuals from www.buggiesgonewild.com/columbia-parcars

The schematic and some troubleshooting charts are in the parts manual.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:43 PM   #3
Sweet2000EZGO
Not Yet Wild

Thanks but I havent been able to figure much out. Appears to be getting 37v to the motor but no go. Motor shot? Anything else that could allow power to the motor and no go? If by chance the 36v motor is toast, any ezgo, yamaha, or club car motors work for this cart?
Old 06-20-2017, 03:48 PM   #4
Chris135
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Does it work in reverse?
If it works in reverse it is probably the forward solenoid.
My guess is the solenoid, that's what went on mine. There is a forward solenoid a reverse one and a control one. The forward and reverse are about $80 each and I am not sure about the other one.
Chris135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:47 PM   #5
Sweet2000EZGO
Not Yet Wild

I replaced the forward solenoid last fall. Could it be bad, i guess but shouldn't be. The reverse solenoid has been weak for quite some time and gave out late last camping season. So, if forward os shot, it wouldnt move at all, like its not. I hear occasional clicks when mashing the pedal, you will never hear it everytime because the reverse is shot. Does anybody know anything about testing controllers?
Old 06-21-2017, 08:12 PM   #6
Chris135
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Sounds like its time to get the meter out and start chasing the voltage through the solenoids, controller and motor. As tech support stated before DL the manual and run the trouble tree.
Chris135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar