lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 EZGO gas...no power and steering is squirrelly

I've been trying to help my pop with his gas EZGO, 2007 I believe. I replaced fuel and air filter, belt looks brand new. It's lifted several inches and rides on 22x8 knobby tires. The thing is a total dog and hills are even worse...it feels like it has no power. He says he's replaced the carb and fuel pump. I'm going to replace the spark plugs and change the oil (not that I expect the oil to help but why not?). What else should I be looking at?

As for the steering...sometimes it feels like it'll hit a rut in the road and try to shoot off to whatever side. He wants to think it's the shocks but they don't look like they're leaking oil so I think they're good. I'm going to jack it up tomorrow and see if there's any play in the wheels...maybe a tie rod end is bad or something? What else should I be looking for?
zombiehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
Ozzysgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 EZGO gas...no power and steering is squirrelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunter View Post
I've been trying to help my pop with his gas EZGO, 2007 I believe. I replaced fuel and air filter, belt looks brand new. It's lifted several inches and rides on 22x8 knobby tires. The thing is a total dog and hills are even worse...it feels like it has no power. He says he's replaced the carb and fuel pump. I'm going to replace the spark plugs and change the oil (not that I expect the oil to help but why not?). What else should I be looking at?

As for the steering...sometimes it feels like it'll hit a rut in the road and try to shoot off to whatever side. He wants to think it's the shocks but they don't look like they're leaking oil so I think they're good. I'm going to jack it up tomorrow and see if there's any play in the wheels...maybe a tie rod end is bad or something? What else should I be looking for?
Do a front end alignment on art to help with steering issue. A severe duty belt will help doggyness, the correct plugs, both cylinders firing as they should, shorten accelerator cable and\or check governor position also...

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk
Ozzysgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

I was thinking of governor. Is it like the Club Cars? Have a part number for the belt?
Old 05-15-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Have the valves ever been adjusted? Lots of recent threads on it. Clearance should be .004"

1.5 quarts of oil. Being lifted means that the dipstick is no longer accurate.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:19 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Head to the "EZGO Gas Tech" section of the forum and read the post RE shorter belts, they really *do* increase the heck out of your torque at a low cost. As to the governor, on the rear end (transaxle) of your cart You'll see an arm with a spring on top of the transaxle - there is a 10mm nut at the rear of the rod that holds the spring as well as a smaller 8mm nut behind that holding it in place. Loosen the small nut so You can crank down the 10mm nut, compressing the spring. The farther You go, the higher Your governor will be set. Don't forget to tighten the small nut back down, either or it will eventually back off again.

Valves are another BIG deal when it comes to losing power - like mentioned above, set them to .004 (this should be checked every season IMHO but not many people take the 15min to do it) - A prime example of this is 2 carts we picked up as "bad motors" from an Illinois Parks Dept last month, both had no power and smoked, and both returned to 100% normal after a simple valve adjustment.

Lastly, alignment on a lifted cart is VERY important or it will want to dart around like You were explaining. You want the distance between the front of the tires to measure about 1/8" less than the distance at the rear (IE 1/8" Toe-In). To adjust this, loosen the lock nuts at either end of the long rod that goes between your front spindles, and then turn the rod itself (there's a flat spot in the middle of it to get a wrench on) until You have the proper alignment, then re-tighten the nuts at either end and You'll be AMAZED at how much better it behaves. Most lift kits throw the alignment off, so the odds are quite good that your problem lies there.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:48 PM   #6
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

You rock. I'll get on that ASAP.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO