lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #1
bhowatt
Not Yet Wild

Default New Carb - No Start

I have a 92 Club Car DS w/ an FE290. Just replaced the carb and now it wont start. should i just put the old carb back on and send the new one in for a replacement? thanks.
bhowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2017, 08:51 PM   #2
jdgriner
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Carb - No Start

Does it turn over?

Spray some starter fluid in the throat of carb, does it crank then?

Fuel supply turned on ?

Spray around the outside of the carb with starter fluid, if it revs up you have a gasket leak.

Why did you replace carb in the beginning?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
jdgriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:31 PM   #3
bhowatt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgriner View Post
Does it turn over?

Spray some starter fluid in the throat of carb, does it crank then?

Fuel supply turned on ?

Spray around the outside of the carb with starter fluid, if it revs up you have a gasket leak.

Why did you replace carb in the beginning?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tried starter fluid in the carb, still no start or change in Rpms. Replaced carb just to try and get a new cart feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2017, 09:51 PM   #4
jdgriner
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhowatt View Post
Tried starter fluid in the carb, still no start or change in Rpms. Replaced carb just to try and get a new cart feel.

so im assuming that it was running to begin with?

not sure why it wont crank on spraying started fluid. if it wont start on starting fluid, i would think that it, wouldnt be the carb..... if it wasnt originally running i would check for spark.
jdgriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:01 PM   #5
bhowatt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgriner View Post
so im assuming that it was running to begin with?

not sure why it wont crank on spraying started fluid. if it wont start on starting fluid, i would think that it, wouldnt be the carb..... if it wasnt originally running i would check for spark.

It was running before I swapped the carbs. It may have been flooded when I tried the starting fluid. In may have to wait it out to try again.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:43 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

if You bought an aftermarket Chinese carb (the $17-28 ones off Ebay or online) they often come with manufacturing residue, etc right out of the box. We use them if the customer insists, but always break them down completely and thoroughly clean them prior to installation, just as we would do if we were servicing an original carb. Also, the China carbs almost always require adjustment after installation to get them running at their peak, that's why (again) the only time we use them is if the original carb is damaged or worn out (which is fairly rare unless someone has been screwing with them or if they're over 20yrs old).

Also, make sure your fuel pump is actually pumping, pull the fuel line at the carb and turn the motor over until You have a steady pulse of fuel shooting out of the line, it should be a good 3" or more. Once You have that, THEN hook up the fuel line to the carb and keep in mind it can take 30sec or more to fill the bowl and actually get the carb working correctly.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:37 AM   #7
bhowatt
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate all of the input. Was poking around and found a plastic piece and a spring under my cart. Come to find out the toggle behind the shifter had come off during my rebuild. Micro switches behind the shift lever weren't closing. Replaced the plastic piece and spring and now it fires right up. Thanks again for the input guys.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car