lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2017, 02:32 PM   #1
EzComeEzgo87
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question How do i tell if oil injection is working?

Hey all, I have an 87/88 ezgo marathon. It's seems to run ok but since it's pretty old I'm always worried about the injector failing and I can't really tell if it is working other then I haven't seized the motor yet. These carts use so little oil it's hard to tell by the oil level. Any info or links on how to disconnect it and mix the fuel myself would be great. Thanks, EZ
EzComeEzgo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do i tell of oil injection is working?

Remove the oil line banjo fitting from the intake manifold and plug the hole with (IF I remember correctly) is a 6mm bolt, Then you can remove the oil tank/pump/cables. Mix the fuel/oil ratio at 128:1, That's 1 oz of oil per 1 gallon of gas.

Also;
I would drain the non-mixed fuel from the line and filter, That way it'll get new mixed fuel at start up rather then straight fuel for the first couple minutes.
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: How do i tell of oil injection is working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Remove the oil line banjo fitting from the intake manifold and plug the hole with (IF I remember correctly) is a 6mm bolt, Then you can remove the oil tank/pump/cables. Mix the fuel/oil ratio at 128:1, That's 1 oz of oil per 1 gallon of gas.

Also;
I would drain the non-mixed fuel from the line and filter, That way it'll get new mixed fuel at start up rather then straight fuel for the first couple minutes.
Agreed as for your question of "how do I tell if injection is working" you don't know until your motor is locked tight
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #4
EzComeEzgo87
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do i tell if oil injection is working?

ok great sounds simple enough, thanks a million to both of you for the help and clearing up all my questions!
Old 09-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

The oil injection system where bullet proof on both the Yamaha and EZGOs, even if they leaked, they still worked. Ive never seen one fail due to a stopped oil pump.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #6
EzComeEzgo87
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
The oil injection system where bullet proof on both the Yamaha and EZGOs, even if they leaked, they still worked. Ive never seen one fail due to a stopped oil pump.
im just worried because i dont know enough about them. the oil in the reservoir is pretty old so im not sure if i should change it or just get rid of the system. sometimes the car runs a little rough and does odd things so i just want to make sure its going to be ok.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:23 PM   #7
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Even though the system doesn't fail often my theory is they are getting to be 30 years old things happen premixing is just a piece of mind and these carts go a long time on a full tank of fuel so the extra two minutes to add oil to the fuel is worth it in my opinion
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #8
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

My 85 didn't have the oil injection system from the factory, But if it did I would have removed it anyway. I bought an 82 Yamaha last year that still has the injection system and I worry about it everytime I run it........

Ya gotta remember;
It's not all about just the pump itself, There's also other parts of the system that can go bad. On my Yamaha it's powered by a pulse line from the exhaust, If and when that rubber hose gets a leak the pump quits pumping......

On the Ezgo it's direct drive from the crank but also has a cable from the carb, If and when that cable breaks or the oil line leaks it's all over.

Like Spicy said it's peace of mind, Sure it might be easier and convenient but to me not worth it. Why rely on all those extra moving parts?
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO