lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
P10-WRC
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 EZGO TXT gas won't start. Time to replace the main ground cable

Hello,

I was wiring up some new lights and had to replace the negative battery terminal as it was loose. after installing that, the cart would not start. I could hear the solenoid click but nothing happened.

I ran a jumper from the battery negative to the starter/generator and it started to turn over. Then I removed the jumper and started to check all ground points on the main braided grounding cable and found one to be loose or corroded. I would have to jiggle it around to get power through it.

My question is this. Can I use any 4 guage ground wires to replace or do i need to use the same, unsheathed braided type of cable?
P10-WRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2001 EZGO TXT gas won't start. Time to replace the main ground cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by P10-WRC View Post
Hello,

I was wiring up some new lights and had to replace the negative battery terminal as it was loose. after installing that, the cart would not start. I could hear the solenoid click but nothing happened.

I ran a jumper from the battery negative to the starter/generator and it started to turn over. Then I removed the jumper and started to check all ground points on the main braided grounding cable and found one to be loose or corroded. I would have to jiggle it around to get power through it.

My question is this. Can I use any 4 guage ground wires to replace or do i need to use the same, unsheathed braided type of cable?

Your cart is negative to ground and yes you can use a regular battery cable.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
P10-WRC
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 EZGO TXT gas won't start. Time to replace the main ground cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Your cart is negative to ground and yes you can use a regular battery cable.
Thanks. Yes I know it's negative to ground. I was trying to troubleshoot the issue and find out if my starter was bad.
P10-WRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO