lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2018, 11:16 PM   #21
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: J17 questions

My pivot bolt was a mess(rust) and had to be beat out with a brass drift. cleaned it up and its good to go. Went to adjust the brakes and when I took off the drum a bolt from the axle flange was wedged in between the drum and shoe killing the drum. Making good progress so far though.
dezrcr822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2018, 10:00 PM   #22
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

the predator snowmobile motor uses the same block
if you use the head cyl and piston and carb on a g-1 it bolts up
and gives 250cc but really needs exhaust tuned to the rig
the g-1 muffler is not very good with it fits but chokes the flow
so you get a bit more tork but not alot of hp
even after a muffler BBQ that all g-1's need anyway

I have the 250 sm parts on my g-1 j-17
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:06 AM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

He** yeah, if you don't mind the noise, and have some home-made Fab skills, a dirt bike expansion pipe will "wake up" even a stock G1 motor. But plan on some carb jetting work to make it right. Keep in mind that a G1 was originally engineered by some crafty Japanese engineers to be a golf cart, on a golf course, not a hot rod. They used some base parts from their snow mobile parts bins, then made it tolerable for golfers. That motor can have some performance, if you research and find the parts that bolt on that pre-existing platform they started with. There is plenty of tips and tricks to be found on this site if you look around. I will add, that a G1 responds well to a K&N filter replacement much better than the stock 4 stroke models do with no other mods. Sorry, no, I don't have a part number for the filter, it was one I just "had around".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:18 PM   #24
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nota View Post
the predator snowmobile motor uses the same block
if you use the head cyl and piston and carb on a g-1 it bolts up
and gives 250cc but really needs exhaust tuned to the rig
the g-1 muffler is not very good with it fits but chokes the flow
so you get a bit more tork but not alot of hp
even after a muffler BBQ that all g-1's need anyway

I have the 250 sm parts on my g-1 j-17
Do you mean The Enticer 250 snowmobile? or is there another similar engine?
What is 250 SM? More information needed!

I love to do the Bravo 250 swap.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #25
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sleds are hard to come by in the desert but do show up once in a while, ill keep my eyes open. I like the idea of expansion chamber pipe and have a few I could cut up and try. Still not sure what to do with the fuel pump. Its aftermarket and the ports are in different locations. Really would like to mount it to the wheel well. Any issues with this as far as the pulse line, right now the pulse line has to do two 90* bends to use whats left of the mounts on the diff. Cgtech, any tips on desert proofing a cart?
Old 06-07-2018, 11:00 PM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yeah, keep a tire plug kit (and CO2 tire filler). If using stock air filter, be sure to keep the pre-cleaner on there, it truly extends filter life. (Pre cleaner can be washed and reused many times, unless it's already crumbling). I keep a super small selection of tools (like screwdrivers pliers, several small sockets). At least 1 ratchet strap.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #27
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Great ideas cgtech, I may mount a small tool box in the bed to hold some items. Thinking of making some kind of sheild to keep dust out of the pedal assembly.I have almost all my parts now, thanks mikeasis for the link to the engine shrouds all I need now is time. Have to take the family back east for vacation and will start work on the cart when I get back. Thanks again for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha