lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2018, 08:00 PM   #1
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Default ID a Pargo and other questions

So I picked up a Pargo the other day. Had batteries but they look to be junk but I had some questions about it. I will try an ttach some pics and if anyone has an idea on year and also how do you get to the other set of 6 batteries? Under the passenger seat there isn't a hole so I am wondering if I have to take the body off?

Motor is GE and says MOD: 5BC 48 JB 664 or at least that's what it looks like
Serial: ENN
Cobrakid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Default Re: ID a Pargo and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrakid8 View Post
So I picked up a Pargo the other day. Had batteries but they look to be junk but I had some questions about it. I will try an ttach some pics and if anyone has an idea on year and also how do you get to the other set of 6 batteries? Under the passenger seat there isn't a hole so I am wondering if I have to take the body off?

Motor is GE and says MOD: 5BC 48 JB 664 or at least that's what it looks like

Serial: ENN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2018, 02:10 AM   #3
classycarts
Gone Wild

I've never worked on a Pargo with a top attached so it may need removed. Normally to gain access to the batteries, just grab the body at the rear and lift. Check, you should see a large hinge where the floormat meets the body.
classycarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:40 AM   #4
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by classycarts View Post
I've never worked on a Pargo with a top attached so it may need removed. Normally to gain access to the batteries, just grab the body at the rear and lift. Check, you should see a large hinge where the floormat meets the body.

Thanks, I think it might be a 1977 models although I can’t find much info on it. The top is different compared to others I have seen as it splits and has a spring on each side

Old 06-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #5
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

This thing is really cool!

Old 06-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #6
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Does anyone have an idea of what year the cart might be? Looks like it cant be a 77 year model because it looks like they didnt build one. Best I can tell is the cart is a model 544 because of the 8 solenoids and it has the enclosed switch in a plastic bottle thing beside those solenoids. Yesterday the cart wants to go in reverse when put into forward and we cannot turn the key to reverse either. any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks!
Old 06-06-2018, 05:00 PM   #7
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Think I found the number on it 5445555. After charging the batteries individually enough for the charger to take over, they actually charged up and it moved under its own power today, enough to get it off the open trailer and into the enclosed trailer. Thing is pretty fun to drive it just sucks that you have to sit on the seat for the parking brake to come off as the seat is the parking brake.cool little vehicle
Old 06-14-2018, 01:30 PM   #8
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Took it up and down the road a little today, batteries are pretty much toast but at least it all works and its in pretty good condition also! Here is the tag for the cart

Old 06-15-2018, 07:59 AM   #9
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I have a '67 but I was only able to date it from the date stamp on the motor which is a Baldor. It's not perfect methodology but it's all I have.

I posted a service manual in a couple of posts back. That should apply to your cart regardless of year.

Do whatever you can do to preserve that top. You have the only one that I know to exist.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:10 PM   #10
Cobrakid8
Getting Wild

Thanks lochlin, sadly I jinxed us, went out yesterday to take it out of the enclosed and it just clicks now and won't go in reverse or forward. Oh well, we will prob take the batteries out to use as cores and sell the cart. Per the motor it looks like a 1977 model, but I can't make out that they ever built a 77 as it looks like they quit making carts in 76, before years later making carts under a different name. Also the top itself is gone, just the frame is left, but I have never seen a frame like it by far, and I haven't seen one that flips up from the back like this one either, very interesting cart, but we have 2 99 model ezgo's that have just 12 volt batteries in them and so we need the cores from this to offset some of the costs of new batteries for the newer carts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts